Isaac Hayes dies

I saw that on the news tonight. Found by his treadmill. Must have been a heart attack.

I read about that... wow.

First Bernie Mac, now Isaac Hayes. Who's next?

Is that necessary?!? He is singer and we're deaf! Don't need to worthy him.

No offense.

He wasn't just a singer, he was a musician, a composer, an actor, and a human being.
Besides, not all deaf people were born deaf, and not all the people in this forum are deaf, some, like myself are new to hoh and others hear just fine.

I was quite suprised as well when I learned that he is the voice of the Chef in the South Park tv series, which I have used to watch alot back during the middle school days, and hardly watched more since but of course I remembered how funny and hiralous Chef was in the TV show. Hayes did an excellent job as the character of the Chef.

Now...that the Soul man has boarded on the soul train and disappeared...I wonder if South Park would still continue without Chef?

Perhas, but I dont see a major possiblity since South Park went on for more than 10 years.

I learn the news about him on TV yesterday.

R.I.P. Isaac Hayes

I was quite suprised as well when I learned that he is the voice of the Chef in the South Park tv series, which I have used to watch alot back during the middle school days, and hardly watched more since but of course I remembered how funny and hiralous Chef was in the TV show. Hayes did an excellent job as the character of the Chef.

Now...that the Soul man has boarded on the soul train and disappeared...I wonder if South Park would still continue without Chef?

Perhas, but I dont see a major possiblity since South Park went on for more than 10 years.

He left the show over the way the show portrayed Scientology (of which Isaac was a Scientologist).

They killed off the Chef character as well.

He left the show over the way the show portrayed Scientology (of which Isaac was a Scientologist).

They killed off the Chef character as well.

One of my favorite South Park episodes is where Chef spoke with lines borrowed from other episodes (because Isaac had quit working) and the children kept thinking Chef had lost it (because the tone and choice words of the lines didn't completely fit).

I'm sure Isaac is enjoying plenty of chocolate salty balls wherever he may be.

Back