Is your mood you affected by the rain?

backerman

Reaction score
There have been many studies carried out over the years that try to find links between people's moods and rainy weather. Some believe that the rain can cause depression.

Personally, I do feel affected when it is raining. When I look outside during the day and it is dark, and cloudy and wet, I do feel unmotivated. I feel lazy. I don't wanna get out of bed. I don't wanna work. I just wanna hide in my basement and wait for the rain to pass.

I know a few people that are like that as well, for whom a rainy day is a ticket to do nothing. I also know some people that love the rain. I had an ex who would just love to run around in the rain.

So what about you? Does the rain affect your mood?

You aren't the only one there, lots of people have the same problem here in Washington state cuz of so many cloudy days. In fact WA state has one of the highest suicide rates in the US, NOT the highest but one of them. The cloudy and rainy days don't affect me that much tho, in fact it keeps plant watered. :D

yep yep yep! i sure get VERY sleepy when its rainy outside grr -- only time i dont get sleepy is when im watching a thunderstorm :lol: theyre fun watching! :D

We don't get that many dreary days here in Florida, so I can't say I'm affected that much by rain.

ohhh yea... makes me want to stay in and snuggle with someone if i have one :-P being lazy and wanna sleep.... when i was lil i play in the rain with some kids - its a blast at times. but i'm older and ewww. lol

I'd sit out on the covered patio, watch and smell the rain! How refreshing and soothing... :aw:

Depend on my mood.

I like to watch the rain from the window sometimes.

When it is rainy day, it does make me feel sleepy. Sometime if it is thunderstorm, I couldn't able to sleep because I am afraid of thunderstorm :ugh:

:( I agree, when it rains, I too feel unmotivated, not really feel like doing anything.

I would rather just stay in the house, and I have my husband go to Dunkin Donuts and get some coffee and donuts. I don't know why, I guess it's a mood lifter, :P

But, when it rains more than 2 days in a row, all I want to do is take nap, not even get out of bed, and just sleep the rain away until it stops.

Here's a :hug: to everyone on this thread reason being the rain brings us all down.

rainy days makes me want :zzz: and what more it makes me don't want to work when it rains :roll:

I enjoy watching it rain actually. So you could say that it affects me in a positive way.

I really enjoy thunderstorms!

Rain Day... Kill my bordem cloud!!!! as long I can keep do my chores sumth'n else... to prevent think depression.. *forget it* I'd rather dig my arse move and do sumth'n else.. sometimes I do like watch movie while weather dull.. Doesn't mind at all. :)

Back