Is your kid smarter than a german shepherd service dog?

pek1

Reaction score
Here is the link to the video and to the story, as well as it printed out below.

Buddy Rocks!!

FOXNews.com - Dog Dials 911 When Owner Has Seizure - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Hopefully, the link to the video can be seen by all of you. Since this story is not about a pet, but a service dog, which means it can't go under the pets thread. Those of you still vehemently against service dogs, is your kid smarter than a German Shepherd service dog? :P

I am sure all our children are smarter than any service dog, but it is a touching and inspiring story. The man is very lucky to have such a good service dog.

Wow, only one response but 36 lookers . . . wonder who I've ticked off lately? :popcorn:

I didn't look until now. AND I think kids are stupid nowadays, why? Because they're kids, not service dogs.

If I was a kid, I'd be stupid.

Well, I have not been here awhile. But when I saw this on the new's this week, I actually thought about you Pek!!! My 4 yr old know's to go get someone but not how to call 911 yet. I think what has happened was awesome and better yet, the dog came from 'paws w/ a cause'.

Very cool

the story is great. A properly trained dog can do so.

Children can also call 911. I have also heard of a stories of small children calling 911.

That is why it is so important to teach children to call 911.

the story is great. A properly trained dog can do so.

Children can also call 911. I have also heard of a stories of small children calling 911.

That is why it is so important to teach children to call 911.

Or take them in Kung Fu class and have them train until they're brown belts and you're safe 24/7.

Or take them in Kung Fu class and have them train until they're brown belts and you're safe 24/7.

So, what you're saying is that you're safe 24/7? Guess what, I'm standing behind you with my arm around your neck and a .9mm at your head. In front of you, a buddy of mine is robbing your store and he has a .357 pointed at your heart. Our other buddy is emptying your till.

You're not safe because one wrong move on your part will put a chunk of lead in your head, if not your heart. You are standing there, unsure if you could disable either one of us, as there are two guns and one of you.

Are you still safe? No one in their right mind with martial arts training would attempt to get out of this situation, unless it's on television.

By the way, I'm a green belt in karate and even I wouldn't attempt this stunt.

Well, I have not been here awhile. But when I saw this on the new's this week, I actually thought about you Pek!!! My 4 yr old know's to go get someone but not how to call 911 yet. I think what has happened was awesome and better yet, the dog came from 'paws w/ a cause'.

Very cool

Thanks for the thoughts! Yes, it's very cool. Even though I don't advocate for service dog organizations attempts to take over individually trained ones, I hope it shows us OTHD (owner trained hearing dogs) what we can train our dogs (and other animals) to do.

Back