Is your hearing with your CI good enough to speak on the phone?

Indeed. Quite adaptable.

falalalala128419626101646250.jpg

lots of mouses says " fa lalala lalala"

I am having my surgery next week. How do you learn about all these different attachments to help you with the phone and such? Is it when I get activated? I have been given very little information. I have 5 more days and I find myself questioning my decision. I have a brutal loud HUMMMM 24/7. Has anyone been helped with their noises with a single CI? Any information will be SO appreciated.

the audie will show you how your equipment works. Just keep in mind after activation, you'll be going home with a box full of stuff for your CI, and you may feel overwhelmed when you dive into the box. Batteries, different cords/cables, extra headpieces, chargers, color covers for the processor, etc. etc. etc. It's a lot of stuff! There should be instruction booklets in the box too so you can read them to learn how certain items work/attach/etc.

With AB's devices, there were little mini books for practically EVERYthing! I looked like this upon opening both boxes I got (one for each processor) :shock: I have no idea what's included in Cochlear's kits, but you'll find out for yourself.

It is very individual. A lot also depends on the specific phone and the person you are talking to. If necessary I can use my CI to call my folks. However I cannot use it to call any unknown person, a business for example. impossible to understand them..

Back