Is your car a cop magnet?

10 years without a ticket, then two within two weeks when I bought a red Cadillac STS. I was SO careful with my new ride, I don't think I had changed my driving habits, or if I had, made them more cautious. I'd call the red Caddy a cop magnet.

My truck isn't on either list so I am somewhere in between. I've not been ticketed - yet - in my truck.

I don't even have to look at the list. I seriously doubt anybody is going to turn on their sirens for my 1997 Dodge Caravan hand-me-down piece of shit.

When I had my 442, got pulled over often.
When I had my Bonnerville, got pulled over often.
The hot sport cars always get the attention of your local cops.

I've had two of the cars that are on the list. The scion xB.. I got pulled over twice in. And one more time in my mothers xB.
I currently drive the scion tC.... Never been pulled over, never been questioned. In the state of Illinois, its illegal to have the front windows tinted.. but anything shoulder/rear passenger and back can be tinted as dark as they want. When I moved back from Arizona, all my windows were tinted at the time... never got pulled over for that (and i live in a small town with really stingy cops). My father drove my car and got pulled over twice by the same cop, i had to remove my tints. :-( oh well.

I have tints on my side and rear window. I drove my truck to Texas and when I got back I found out that tints were illegal in Texas. I don't know I kept from getting pulled over. Since I was there only a week, maybe the cops just thought I was passing through from out of state. I dunno.

I used to have a CRX Si with a b18 engine. I was pulled over all the time.

I have a 1997 Previa Supercharged minivan as my main car now. I did get 2 tickets because of my driving, not because of the vehicle.

Back in HS, I had a black 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD turbo. It was a cop magnet so I had to be very careful.

Where's the list?

I've had many various autos, including a Porsche and a modified Dodge Charger, and I've never been pulled over or ticketed for anything.

Now, magnet for accidents and attacks, that's another thing. :lol:

I have heard stories around here that it's not advisable to put on NRA/Amendment 2-related bumper stickers because you're less likely to get off on warning :roll:

Where's the list?

I've had many various autos, including a Porsche and a modified Dodge Charger, and I've never been pulled over or ticketed for anything.

Now, magnet for accidents and attacks, that's another thing. :lol:

I think the OP started it a few years ago. I don't think the link remain the same after 2 years. :)

I have heard stories around here that it's not advisable to put on NRA/Amendment 2-related bumper stickers because you're less likely to get off on warning :roll:
Until my wreck, my Jeep had stickers for "Guns Save Lives," JPFO, Blackwater, anti-terrorist hunting permits, Crimson Trace (laser), etc. I've never even been stopped, much less warned or ticketed. The most I get is raised eyebrows in the college faculty parking lot. :lol:

Hubby has decals for NRA, I ♥ my AR-15, "Do You Want to Find Out if the Driver is Armed," etc., on his vehicles, and hasn't been pulled over or ticketed.

:dunno:

Until my wreck, my Jeep had stickers for "Guns Save Lives," JPFO, Blackwater, anti-terrorist hunting permits, Crimson Trace (laser), etc. I've never even been stopped, much less warned or ticketed. The most I get is raised eyebrows in the college faculty parking lot. :lol:

Hubby has decals for NRA, I ♥ my AR-15, "Do You Want to Find Out if the Driver is Armed," etc., on his vehicles, and hasn't been pulled over or ticketed.

:dunno:

just in my area :roll: It's frowned upon by officers. I'm just saying that when getting pulled over for whatever the reason, you're less likely to get off on warning than others if you have these kind of gun-related bumper stickers.

just in my area :roll: It's frowned upon by officers. I'm just saying that when getting pulled over for whatever the reason, you're less likely to get off on warning than others if you have these kind of gun-related bumper stickers.
Don't get pulled over for any reason. :giggle:

I have a 1997 Previa Supercharged minivan as my main car now. I did get 2 tickets because of my driving, not because of the vehicle.

Back in HS, I had a black 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD turbo. It was a cop magnet so I had to be very careful.

yeah, that van is rare around here. How's the reliabity and of course it does not handle that well in high winds because of the tall platform.

1993 Eclipse GSX AWD is very good for racing. Too bad it's have a lot problem and rare now.

never was a problem, even the old skyline wasnt in their interest...since it was plain, with no mags...id say they'd go after cars with mags and big pipes...it a sure sign of naughty drivers...

Reba, the original post on this was way back in Feb., 2009, so that list is long gone.

My experience: Our joint car, dark blue Volvo station wagon - about as inconspicious as a car can be. Very middle-aged, middle class, suburban-mobile. I doubt it even registers on a police radar. No one notices a car like that.

My personal car: red 350Z roadster. So far, one ticket, for failure to stop at a stop sign. My opinion: I stopped, officer, really! Although, uh, it may have been sort of a Boston stop, more of a slow down than a stop. This was in my own quiet residential neighborhood, no one but the cop car anywhere around. Sigh...

yeah, that van is rare around here. How's the reliabity and of course it does not handle that well in high winds because of the tall platform.
The Previa was sold in the US from 1991-1997. It was replaced by the Sienna.

Back