Is VP200 the only one to connect to flashing system?

dkf747

Reaction score
I am curious if Videophones, other than the VP 200, can work with signaling systems like, for example: Sonic Alert. The VP 200 does, but do others?

perhaps you could sit down and write a list of hardware videophones and software videophones and write what know about it.

Chances are you will be done with list in 10 mins. that should answer your own question. :D

I think even some online ones can be paired with a simple flasher.

Specific names? How about P3? I don't mean their own little flasher. I mean a signaling system that flashes throughout my home. Any online site showing how to do it? How do I hook Z4 to the signaling system? Others? How?

Try KA1000TR Telephone Ringer Transmitter, it required a receiver, plug to the lamp to flashing. What's best about it? It's less wire compare to SonicAlert around on your television.

Try KA1000TR Telephone Ringer Transmitter, it required a receiver, plug to the lamp to flashing. What's best about it? It's less wire compare to SonicAlert around on your television.

Thanks for the suggestion. Does it work with other Videophones?

Go to a site like Harris and look around. You will get lots of ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion. Does it work with other Videophones?

so far, I know it work only on vp200. The other videophone doesn't provide well-compatible or size of telephone jack.

VPAD has it

VPad from Viable has RJ11 and it does ring to any of deaf flasher system just like VP200.

Seems that only older VP's connect to signaling systems. That's interesting. Purple pages me when someone calls, which is nice, but I''d love to have it connect to the signaling system when at home. I was considering ditching the VP-200, but I'll keep it for now.

Seems that only older VP's connect to signaling systems. That's interesting. Purple pages me when someone calls, which is nice, but I''d love to have it connect to the signaling system when at home. I was considering ditching the VP-200, but I'll keep it for now.

check this website Purple Communications and click p3 flasher.

I know about that but what good is it if I want to hook it up to my signaling system?

my guess is that you can't with the p3. you need to call/email and complain to purple if you want to change that. mvp you can .

You are being very vague on what you really want to do. what do you have now? what do you want to use?

my guess is that you can't with the p3. you need to call/email and complain to purple if you want to change that. mvp you can .

You are being very vague on what you really want to do. what do you have now? what do you want to use?

I'm sorry. I did not mean to be vague. I am using a VP 200 at home with a big, ugly 19 inch TV, and P3 on a netbook when out places. I was thinking of getting rid of the VP-200 and using P3 or Z4 or some other program on a desktop PC instead. I would consider others, but not interested in the MVP (old), or OJO (which I have sitting in a box waiting for Snap to pick it up). I realized there is no way to use P3 or Z4 with my sonic alert signaling system which flashes lights throughout my home when someone calls. I was wondering if any of the newer ones have a way to connect to signaling system. It seems not, so I will keep using VP-200 for the time being. I'm a little disappointed to find that none of them have come up with a solution yet. I'm also wondering to myself if this is one reason Sorenson has such a large market-share.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to be vague. I am using a VP 200 at home with a big, ugly 19 inch TV, and P3 on a netbook when out places. I was thinking of getting rid of the VP-200 and using P3 or Z4 or some other program on a desktop PC instead. I would consider others, but not interested in the MVP (old), or OJO (which I have sitting in a box waiting for Snap to pick it up). I realized there is no way to use P3 or Z4 with my sonic alert signaling system which flashes lights throughout my home when someone calls. I was wondering if any of the newer ones have a way to connect to signaling system. It seems not, so I will keep using VP-200 for the time being. I'm a little disappointed to find that none of them have come up with a solution yet. I'm also wondering to myself if this is one reason Sorenson has such a large market-share.

you raise a few good points there. I wonder if we should pool our knowledge and come up with a chart with all the capabilities so its easier to compare. I am not interested in the old MVP either. got one, it was nice for 3 months and then the fad feeling wore off.
If you look at the manual for zvrs 150, there is a phone jack, but it doesnt say whats it for. does anyone here know?

Back