Is this even possible?

Reaction score
Okay so I went to get my hearing test done for my classroom use-hearing aids...
And my hearing changed?
On my new Audiogram (the one without the "Normal/Mild..." Typing on the side) says I have "Bilateral mild-moderate - mixed type hearing loss" but on my OLD one (with the degree names on the side) I just had SNHL...
how is this even possible?

- I can't really set the images where I want them so I hope I explained well

Attachments

• Audi.jpg
    Audi.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 21
  • audi1.jpg
    audi1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 23
You can get temporary conductive loss with a cold or similar, I believe or at least I can.

Have you been sick in the past few weeks as the conductive side to it can stay around for a few weeks or even more?

Umm, maybe. Sometimes you can be stuffed up and not realise. Do you feel slightly blocked up at all?

They program the hearing aids differently to someone who has just SNHL and mixed loss. More gain is applied for someone who has a mixed loss.

I've just had another look at your new hearing test. You have a more low frequency loss on your new one compared to your old one. Low frequency loss is sometimes called by a conductive loss. That's what my Audi said to me :)

I've just had another look at your new hearing test. You have a more low frequency loss on your new one compared to your old one. Low frequency loss is sometimes called by a conductive loss. That's what my Audi said to me :)

Hmm... Aye, at least I can hear better!
Like my big HAs with the moulds, I can hear more. But with my RITE HA... I can't hear as well?

Did you have your RITE aids re tuned with your latest hearing results? I would have the same audiogram put into both sets of hearing aids :)

Oh silly you :P You'll properly find you hear similar once you have it done. You may not hear as well because its a RITE and BTE hearing aids and also different brands so different sound etc :) Hope it all works out :)

Back