Is this because of pregnancy hormones?

Chrysanthe

Reaction score
My Gosh, I couldn't believe how I am going through today. I know it may sound like its not a BIG DEAL. But to me, it is a huge deal. This morning my husband left for a short trip to California. He's going there for a regional deaf basketball tournament. I thought of him being gone will be no big deal. Last year I went on a spring break in Idaho to be with my natural family. I was away from my husband for a week. Of course I MISSED HIM. I was not too miserable. Until today, the minute, he left. I started to cry. Then I left to work, I cried all the way from my home to work. I couldn't even CONTROL IT! Gosh it was miserable!! I tried to hide it from my boss but one of my co workers found me crying. SO Embarrassing! Man, it is so hard to control it! Is it because of my pregnancy? This is uncontrollable!!!

I am such a baby!

I miss my husband so much and I definitely don't like him being away from me when I am pregnant. I am so mad at him!! haha. :pissed:

Last edited:
I've never been pregnant.. but I do understand missing your man while he's gone.. my boyfriend has been gone since July 2006 and will return this July.. So I can understand. I miss him all the time and I cry way too often.. so i don't think it's just pregnancy hormones.. but Pregnancy has been known to make your emotions get 10 times worse... so..that's just what I have read :)

My Gosh, I couldn't believe how I am going through today. I know it may sound like its not a BIG DEAL. But to me, it is a huge deal. This morning my husband left for a short trip to California. He's going there for a regional deaf basketball tournament. I thought of him being gone will be no big deal. Last year I went on a spring break in Idaho to be with my natural family. I was away from my husband for a week. Of course I MISSED HIM. I was not too miserable. Until today, the minute, he left. I started to cry. Then I left to work, I cried all the way from my home to work. I couldn't even CONTROL IT! Gosh it was miserable!! I tried to hide it from my boss but one of my co workers found me crying. SO Embarrassing! Man, it is so hard to control it! Is it because of my pregnancy? This is uncontrollable!!!

I am such a baby!

I miss my husband so much and I definitely don't like him being away from me when I am pregnant. I am so mad at him!! haha. :pissed:

OH GAWD!!! you poor thing!!! -- i know the feeling!!!
i hope it doesn't happen to me someday because i get misty/cry easily!!! :Oops: :lol:
whenever i was away from my bf.. it sucked and made me miserable!!! :(

so i agree with bearbeauty... it is the pregnancy hormones that make your emotions "out of whack" for no reason! :)

Bear Beauty and Feisty Chick,

Probably you re right about pregnancy may not be related. Normally I am excited to be on my own at home! WHoo wee... but the moment he left, I just cried. It s not usual for me to be that way. Guess our love is stronger and stronger. We've became SO SO CLOSE after we found out that I was conceived. *sighs*

When I was pregnant with both kids, I wasnt really emotional but then again, neither of my hubbies (twice married here) left me for a long period of time while I was pregnant so I wouldnt know. I was pretty emotionally stable but sick a lot.

However, I did experience unstable emotions after my first baby was born. I was emotional over EVERY little thing. When we first came home with my daughter (she will be 10 soon..my gosh!) my mom was there to help me out cuz I didnt know what to do. After staying all day with me she had to go home, for the life of me, I started bawling like I would never see her again. I started bawling like a 5 year old wanting my momma. She left and I cried and cried all night. Things did get better but everytime I saw on the news about something awful happening to children ESPECIALLY babies, I would just bawl my eyes out so I had to stop watching the news. After a month, my emotions became more stable. Crazy hormones!

With my 2nd baby, I only had one crying episode on the way home from the hospital because I was so happy to go home after staying in the hospital for a week due to developing an urinary tract infection after the birth. I was just so happy to go home and start my life with my family and I was missing my older child cuz she wasnt allowed to see me that much while I was recovering from the infection.

Yea..
Few times, I bawled likely 7 mos preggy term..
Rest of three preggies..

For no reason..

After Birthing.. Yes I sometime I cry for no reason.. due hormones gone!

yea that what happen to me right now lol.. cry for over little thing or sad moments on tv, usually i don't get much cry... eh..

Hey, if PMS can set women off, I can only imagine what pregnancy does to the emotional state as the chemicals and hormones change in the body. Making another person must change the body a tad. :P

Go ahead and cry, or laugh, or both two seconds from each other.

After talking to my husband last night, I feel better. He is just a sweet guy and I definitely can't wait to have him HOME!!! Ahh.... he is eating something I can't eat! In and OUt! I am so mad!!! :pissed: haha. He ll have to make it up for me. We would go to Las Vegas that s the close IN and OUT!! (5 hours!)

After talking to my husband last night, I feel better. He is just a sweet guy and I definitely can't wait to have him HOME!!! Ahh.... he is eating something I can't eat! In and OUt! I am so mad!!! :pissed: haha. He ll have to make it up for me. We would go to Las Vegas that s the close IN and OUT!! (5 hours!)

psst.. have in n out burgers near where i live *snickers* it is near mall ;)

Back