Is there anyone in here who is majoring in psychology?

SilverRoxy

Deaf/ASL user
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am looking for someone who majors in psychology that is willing to try to answer some of my questions regarding psychology.

I used to major in Psychology 1A and Child Developmental. Planning on taking Abnormal Psychology when I can afford to go back to my studies. FYI, I took those classes years ago like in '97.
Will try to answer whatever questions you have -- :)

PM me with the questions or post it in here, up to you.

I'm majoring in child development, and my father was a professor of psychology at UCLA. I'll try to help you out to the best of my ability if you post your questions.

I'm a psych major... but my school's psi program focuses on experimental psychology and research more than other parts of psychology.

SilverRoxy said:
I am looking for someone who majors in psychology that is willing to try to answer some of my questions regarding psychology.

what type of questions?

My oldest daughter is majoring in psychology

I am doing a research on Psychoanalysis.
The research guide paper said:

Define Psychoanalysis
Present the various techniques used in this specialized process.
Present the disorders that psychoanalysis is being used for.
Name 5 assessment techniques and describe what they are and what they show.

I do not understand why it is so hard to find info on techniques in psychoanalysis.

Thank you so much for ur help!!

Well, to quote a very old, tired, and trite Internet cliché, Google is your friend. Simply typing the word ‘psychoanalysis’ into the search field will yield about 1.25 million hits, the first one of which will be the home page of the American Psychoanalytic Association. This page gives an excellent overview of the field, and answers both of your questions quite concisely. It is not in any way ‘hard’ to find information on psychoanalytic techniques. Next time throw us a hard one—ask us if bbnt’s habit of dressing like Julie Andrews and skipping around the living room singing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay" is in any way related to his childhood penis envy and the corporal punishment he received at parochial school from the cross-dressing priest. I’ll tackle that one in a heartbeat. :smoking:

SilverRoxy: I was a psychology major in college, and now am a Master's-level counselor. My suggestion to you would be to go to your college's library, and look up articles and/or check out books exclusively dedicated to psychoanalysis. Since this is a research paper for a psychology class, I would think that your professor (or instructor) would want all students to submit their papers in APA style. Google "APA style" and see if you can find an useful source of guidance that you can use in knowing how to reference sources and list them in your page of citations. Do let us know how you do on your paper, all right?

Present various technque used in this specialized process.

For this, I chose interpretation of dreams, hypnosis, free association and transference.

Name five assessment techniques and describe what they are and what they show.

I am still tackling with this one. I assume self report or objective inventory, projective techniques, clinical interviews, thought sampling assessment and behavioral assessment procedures.

What do u guys think?

Levonian said:
Well, to quote a very old, tired, and trite Internet cliché, Google is your friend. Simply typing the word ‘psychoanalysis’ into the search field will yield about 1.25 million hits, the first one of which will be the home page of the American Psychoanalytic Association. This page gives an excellent overview of the field, and answers both of your questions quite concisely. It is not in any way ‘hard’ to find information on psychoanalytic techniques. Next time throw us a hard one—ask us if bbnt’s habit of dressing like Julie Andrews and skipping around the living room singing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay" is in any way related to his childhood penis envy and the corporal punishment he received at parochial school from the cross-dressing priest. I’ll tackle that one in a heartbeat. :smoking:

:laugh2: :laugh2:
Come on Bbnt - tell us about your habit.

I have an undergraduate degree in psychology. Any specific questions you would care to ask?

SilverRoxy: I was a psychology major in college, and now am a Master's-level counselor. My suggestion to you would be to go to your college's library, and look up articles and/or check out books exclusively dedicated to psychoanalysis. Since this is a research paper for a psychology class, I would think that your professor (or instructor) would want all students to submit their papers in APA style. Google "APA style" and see if you can find an useful source of guidance that you can use in knowing how to reference sources and list them in your page of citations. Do let us know how you do on your paper, all right?

Excellent advise. There are volumes out there regarding techniques and theory. BTW....my APA manual is my most utilized text!

Like you, I was an undergrad psych major and am currently in a Ph.D. program in counseling.

Excellent advise. There are volumes out there regarding techniques and theory. BTW....my APA manual is my most utilized text!

Like you, I was an undergrad psych major and am currently in a Ph.D. program in counseling.

Congratulations, Jillio ! I am glad you are currently in a Ph.D. program in counselin'.

Looks like we have a online consuellor! ;)

hello how r u doing i am rene deaf from ilinois i just saw ur user abd fell like to mail u so we can getto know more about each others very well this my yahoo .......bigergirl_love@yahoo.com

Can someone ban this evil crazy woman?

Hi,
Yes, I majored in psychology. Will graduate in Dec. Have finished all my courses for pysch and am now just taking interest courses. What do you need to know? If I can help you, I'll be more than happy!

Have a great day!!!!

Present various technque used in this specialized process.

For this, I chose interpretation of dreams, hypnosis, free association and transference.

Name five assessment techniques and describe what they are and what they show.

I am still tackling with this one. I assume self report or objective inventory, projective techniques, clinical interviews, thought sampling assessment and behavioral assessment procedures.

What do u guys think?

These are all techniues used with the psycholanalytic school of thought. I would suggest that you research the masters inthe field, such as Jung, and both of the Frueds...Sigmund and Anna.

Back