Is there any leagal grounds due to a rumour I fot Fired beacuse I could not hear

ChezTJ

Reaction score

Hello I just had a question due to my job loss. While I was at home an ex - co worker came to my house heard that I was Fired from my previous job due to my Hearing loss. I am severly hearing impaired - HOH/Deaf. The reason I was given was I was not up to their standards.

Hello I just had a question due to my job loss. While I was at home an ex - co worker came to my house heard that I was Fired from my previous job due to my Hearing loss. I am severly hearing impaired - HOH/Deaf. The reason I was given was I was not up to their standards.

Meaning?

You could not do the job?

They required perfect hearing?

You need to be a little more specific on the reason your workplace gave you for your firing. If you apply for unemployment that might help to see if they side with you or your boss. If they side with your boss, it will probably turn out ADA won't help if your firing was not actually due to your being HOH.

My opinion is that they should have accommodate you if you couldn't hear. Not fire you for it.

My opinion is that they should have accommodate you if you couldn't hear. Not fire you for it.

We don't know if that was the reason for firing or if hearing was even needed for that job yet.

My educational information about ADA and other

If you didn't fill in information about your disability (Deaf) in your application before hire then you can't do nothing about it since you didn't listen your boss and your boss see you not disability and you got fired for not listen to him... based on one case law i read... But if you did inform company that you deaf on application then, sue them, contact local disability advocay if there aren't any local deaf services... based what you said you got strong case by file with EEOC or find ADA lawyer in your local

Immediately go to your co-worker and ask that person if he/she would be willing to make a sworn statement on paper or video. If the answer is "yes" then get a lawyer quickly. GOOD LUCK.

Back