Is there a closed captioning program for internet talk radio?

mizwytch

Reaction score
I used to listen to online talk radio shows and now without earbuds that go deep into my ears and cranking up the sound on both my comp and the online radio I can't hear anything...and it doesn't always do any good even with the earbuds. So, I am wondering if there is some sort of software that can auto-transcribe talk radio and even online sites that offer one's favorite TV programs?:ty:

Wirelessly posted

Welcome to our world. There are captioned station. Keith Wann is one of it.

The rest you'll have watch talk shows on tv with the captions on.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Welcome to our world. There are captioned station. Keith Wann is one of it.

The rest you'll have watch talk shows on tv with the captions on.

I have to say, being deaf is being a whole new life experience. I'm finding out just how little the hearing world takes the needs of deaf people into consideration. I've been using captions on TV, (when I watch it), for about 5 years now. But I am having a lot of trouble finding much of anything online. The sort of talk shows I like to listen to deal with paranormal and esoteric subjects. Not too many of those on TV. What subjects does this Keith Wann talk about?

He talks mostly about deaf related issues.

Interpreters can learn alot from him as he talk about that alot.

Anyway, yes, the internet are not well captioned. They tried to pass a law to make sure anything captioned on tv should be captioned on the internet. I believe it passed unless I'm wrong.

I have to say, being deaf is being a whole new life experience. I'm finding out just how little the hearing world takes the needs of deaf people into consideration. I've been using captions on TV, (when I watch it), for about 5 years now. But I am having a lot of trouble finding much of anything online. The sort of talk shows I like to listen to deal with paranormal and esoteric subjects. Not too many of those on TV. What subjects does this Keith Wann talk about?

Yep, the hearing world doesn't consider our needs. I didn't like how the interviews or bonus at the end of the DVD movies weren't captioned. I feel like that they should have no sounds just to even things up.

Thanks for asking about captioned radio shows. My ex-boyfriend likes to listen to radio and he told me that radio shows are different from TV shows. I have been curious about the radio shows. I am checking out Keith Wann's site. He is a CODA and a very funny guy.

Yep, the hearing world doesn't consider our needs. I didn't like how the interviews or bonus at the end of the DVD movies weren't captioned. I feel like that they should have no sounds just to even things up.

Thanks for asking about captioned radio shows. My ex-boyfriend likes to listen to radio and he told me that radio shows are different from TV shows. I have been curious about the radio shows. I am checking out Keith Wann's site. He is a CODA and a very funny guy.

I agree...I have gotten disgusted several times when trying to watch the extras on DVD flicks ended up not being captioned. But, my hubby is sensitive to these sort of issues and he refuses to even watch the extras just because they aren't captioned. (I'm so lucky! :D)

I love listening to Coast to Coast AM and Para-X online talk radio...and at the moment the only way I can listen to them is a friend found these ear buds that go really deep into my ears...and they seem to amplify the sounds enough for me to hear most of what is being said in my left ear. Don't know how much longer that will last as I have noticed the things sounding more dim in that ear now. I really hope someone comes up with some sort of software that auto-caption radio shows for deaf folks.

I checked Keith Wann's site but I don't see anything that is captioned. All I see are the far-out light shows.
If you had figured it out, help me out here, please. Thanks!

FWIW peeps, youtube is implementing a CC feature. Its pretty cool, it converts audio into CC for the dhoh, and written words into audio for the blind/hard of sight

FWIW peeps, youtube is implementing a CC feature. Its pretty cool, it converts audio into CC for the dhoh, and written words into audio for the blind/hard of sight

Yes, but if it's what's being used now, it is not very good. I only hope they get something better.

Back