Is the jailbreak "jailbreakme.com" safe and reliable?

krazykatkitty

Reaction score
Just wondering. My brother told me that his iphone got jailbroken. I need more information. Thanks.

Mine's not jailbroken and never will - due to risks.
that is what you would face, if you jailbreak - it MAY void the warranty of the iPhone itself (however people are smart enough to reverse it back to normal before sending to repairs)

Thanks JClarke. I just wondering. My brother download some free games from Cydia (what ever it called). I brought some games off itunes.

basically a jailbreak on phones lets you go with any service provider. what jclark was referring to was if you reflash the ROM on phone and something goes wrong, chances are warranty will not cover it if you brick it.

basically a jailbreak on phones lets you go with any service provider. what jclark was referring to was if you reflash the ROM on phone and something goes wrong, chances are warranty will not cover it if you brick it.
That's correct

I still have jailbroken. I can restore to normal before sending to repair.

I still have jailbroken. I can restore to normal before sending to repair.

Thats fine.. I have done stuff like that- its just that for people who don't know a thing and try it and they royally screwed when something goes wrong. It not a good feeling. lol

I using all the times. It worked great.. First of all if you backup first. Then you are ok

jailbroken - let you use any apps not approved by Apple or modifity the settings on iPhone but it will not let you go with any service provider other than the service provider you got iPhone from because it is locked to that service provider.

unlocked - let you go with any service provider.

Example .....

You cannot use only jailbroken AT&T iPhone on Tmobile

You can use unlocked and jailbroken AT&T iPhone on Tmobile

Wirelessly posted

No, you don't not run a risk of warranty because its reversible. All you do is use itunes and restore it. Jailbreaking is also LEGAL.

Jailbreaking also doesn't allow you to use other service providers. That's a common misconception. It's unlocking that allows you to do that. Unlocking is not the same as Jailbreaking.

So the answer to your question is yes Jailbreakme is safe, legal and reversible.

Ron Jaxon

Last edited:
ok thanks guys. I just wondering. I don't want to jailbreak my Ipad. I want to look after it and I quite happy to buy some games off itunes.

Back