is PS3 worth $600?

Steel X

Reaction score
I want your VERY honest and well educated opinon on this, please.

Is it worth six hundred american dollars for Sony's new console, the Playstation 3 that includes the cell processor, Blu-ray drive, HDMI, wireless controller, built in wi-fi (60GBVer. Only) Memory Flash, Memory Stick, etc...(60GBVer. Only) and for PS and PS2 games, I must get a $15 memory card adapter that can only work with Sony 8MB memory card which I dont have that anymore but rather a 64MB Max Memory memory card for the PS2. I dont have a HDTV yet but will get it around next year as I save more money and get a new job around next year as well.

What is your honest opinon here, and is it even worth owning it at all?

Myself, I think it's beyond a bargain at the moment. Blu-Ray players cost around $1,000 and upward.

Yet Playstation 3 can play video games from PSX and PS2, play DVDs, BDs, Music CDs, etc and play certain types of movie files. It can display digital photos and more. Not only that, you can download demos, buy small games and some of them are even enabled for online multi-player like 'Sudoku'.

The graphic interface designs... nothing to scoff at. PS3 is very responsive to your actions plus it's Wi-Fi enabled like Xbox 360 and Wii are. Setting up the Internet on PS3 was a breeze.

So far, I am definitely impressed with the Blu-Ray format.

Not only that, I'm incredibly surprised at how quiet PS3 is... no vibration or humming... nothing! I also like how they charge the controller's battery... quite innovative.

This is coming from somebody who didn't care too much for PS2.

Yup... PS3 is worth to me, also I kept some of PS2 games for PS3.

PS3 isn't expensive since cell processor, BD, HDMI and other feature, such as browser, music, picture, watch BD movies and more. PS3 is cheaper than PC that spent about more than $1,200 for better gaming system. I understand that graphic is almost similar to Xbox 360, also PS3 has better texture but some people believe that PS3 will going be powerful in next year and more game developers are getting experience about cell processor. For MGS4, it can connect via PSP to get more feature, also need MGS Ops.

Steel, You can play PS3 games on SDTV since composite cable is including in package, also its up to you if want play on SDTV or HDTV. I believe that Sony will release VGA cable or DVI cable for PS3 in next year.

600 dollars is for the full specs ps3 including the harddrives and there is an 500 dollars one with no hard drives so that part ll have to buy an 15 dollars memory card but as for full specs no you dont need to get an memory card thas what the gamestop manager buddy of mine told me there re two prices in that consoles kinda same with xbox 360 btw i m going for wii i tested drive it i like it and the prices doesnt hurt me hehe

600 dollars is for the full specs ps3 including the harddrives and there is an 500 dollars one with no hard drives so that part ll have to buy an 15 dollars memory card but as for full specs no you dont need to get an memory card thas what the gamestop manager buddy of mine told me there re two prices in that consoles kinda same with xbox 360 btw i m going for wii i tested drive it i like it and the prices doesnt hurt me hehe

That's incorrect, $500 PS3 is including with 20GB that can upgrade into 60GB if anyone want too.

I want your VERY honest and well educated opinon on this, please.

Is it worth six hundred american dollars for Sony's new console, the Playstation 3 that includes the cell processor, Blu-ray drive, HDMI, wireless controller, built in wi-fi (60GBVer. Only) Memory Flash, Memory Stick, etc...(60GBVer. Only) and for PS and PS2 games, I must get a $15 memory card adapter that can only work with Sony 8MB memory card which I dont have that anymore but rather a 64MB Max Memory memory card for the PS2. I dont have a HDTV yet but will get it around next year as I save more money and get a new job around next year as well.

What is your honest opinon here, and is it even worth owning it at all?
I am very honest with you, I know you have some games for ps2.. you should get the worth PS3 for your old games as PS2... ;) so good luck!

Well, you know, most of PS2 games aren't compatible for PS3.. But I do know they will update PS3 for whatever it needs to be fixed.. I still don't think it's still worth.. It sucks to see like the PS2 Game which isn't compatible for LOONNNGGGG time till they finally fix the PS3.. Know what I'm saying..?

Well, you know, most of PS2 games aren't compatible for PS3.. But I do know they will update PS3 for whatever it needs to be fixed.. I still don't think it's still worth.. It sucks to see like the PS2 Game which isn't compatible for LOONNNGGGG time till they finally fix the PS3.. Know what I'm saying..?

Yeah...kind of like Xbox360's backwards compatiable list. I'm not so suprised with the PS3's backwards compatiablity since they put too much stuff in there that they almost dont even care about backwards compatiablitiy.

Nah, all games are compatible with PS3 but texture isn't good as PS2 does.

I look at the Playstation 3 as overkill. There's more than I need. I don't want a blu-ray player. I don't want the other mumbo jumbo that's offered as well. I just want to play games. It would be nice if they didn't add too much.

Right now, the Playstation 3 is doing horribly on eBay. People are returning their Playstation 3's back to the stores. Some people are getting unlucky with unloading their Playstation 3's on eBay cuz they get stuck selling them at a cheaper price.

LOL, no, that's not what I'm doing this.. You know it's facts.. if I'm wrong then correct me. :D

No, it's not fact.

Do you want to get negative from me? I have admit that Wii is worst gaming system and their tech is wimp, gotta deal with it.

That's my opinion. ;)

No, it's not fact.

Do you want to get negative from me? I have admit that Wii is worst gaming system and their tech is wimp, gotta deal with it.

That's my opinion. ;)

Hahaha, ok why don't you give me what's not fact..? And I wanted to tell you that I really like PS3 but I'm very disappointed with Sony is because they aren't really well at strategies/preparation before release it.. And it's really no need to have Blu-Ray, they should know better that is too expensive and what is more they went ahead and lose alot of profits, that's really ridiculous and that's their problem.. And another thing, to be honest with you, about 200 PS2 games aren't compatible for PS3.. That's what I have heard. And about the Wii, I understand about your opinion but.. I must tell you, it's really awesome to have Wii for my entirely FAMILY.. If yer single like being alone in home, then it's useful for you to have heavily gaming.. anyway, it's really wonderful to have unique entertainment for me, my wife and kids. That's what is really worth to see my family's face with lots of laugh and fun than being pouting and grunting during fighting, shooting, etc.. But hey, I know the graphic looks crap but still it doesn't matter cuz it's kinda feel like reality, know what I mean? :)

And about the Wii, I understand about your opinion but.. I must tell you, it's really awesome to have Wii for my entirely FAMILY.. If yer single like being alone in home, then it's useful for you to have heavily gaming.. anyway, it's really wonderful to have unique entertainment for me, my wife and kids. That's what is really worth to see my family's face with lots of laugh and fun than being pouting and grunting during fighting, shooting, etc.. But hey, I know the graphic looks crap but still it doesn't matter cuz it's kinda feel like reality, know what I mean? :)
I am netural or not take his side or pacman's side.. HoweverI know kurt is very coolest person in real life!.. Yeah I do agree 100% with your excellent point about wiiis for entirely family and fun.. like take woman and kids with man go to disneyland for fun, entertainment, even family.. not for kids!!!

:)

Hahaha, ok why don't you give me what's not fact..? And I wanted to tell you that I really like PS3 but I'm very disappointed with Sony is because they aren't really well at strategies/preparation before release it.. And it's really no need to have Blu-Ray, they should know better that is too expensive and what is more they went ahead and lose alot of profits, that's really ridiculous and that's their problem.. And another thing, to be honest with you, about 200 PS2 games aren't compatible for PS3.. That's what I have heard. And about the Wii, I understand about your opinion but.. I must tell you, it's really awesome to have Wii for my entirely FAMILY.. If yer single like being alone in home, then it's useful for you to have heavily gaming.. anyway, it's really wonderful to have unique entertainment for me, my wife and kids. That's what is really worth to see my family's face with lots of laugh and fun than being pouting and grunting during fighting, shooting, etc.. But hey, I know the graphic looks crap but still it doesn't matter cuz it's kinda feel like reality, know what I mean? :)

I understand about your feeling, also haven't hear about Sony got issue with compitable with PS and PS2 and it seems to considered in bad batch ad can be fixed via update.

Of course, Wii is great for family and they aren't much of my type.

I was disappointed at MS about networking issues until Sjones and Defmatrixense helped me to fix the router to make compitable with Xbox Live then I'm happy with MS, also MS did helped me in some part too.

I read somewhere recently(Was it EGM or Play magazine?) That the PS3 is 97% backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. I remember some cetrain games from PS1 would not work on PS2. Final Fantasy 6(?) would not work on PS2.

I've been reading about the PS3. It seems the PS3 is a STEAL at $600. If you look at it as just a gaming and BluRay player system, it is expensive. But if you look at it like a PC, it is a bargain compared to other PC setups. PS3 can run Linux, which really opens things up for it.

I find it reasonable because it has blu ray for movies, powerful gaming system and so on. I would use it for both if I had $500. Even tho, I'd rather still wait til prices drop some more like any other electronics. That's my habit. I'm a legacy bargain hunter.

Back