Is "My IP-Relay" Service useful for you?

Blackthicket

Reaction score
I know there are some old threads discussing My IP-Relay services already, but they are several months ago...I'm curious about NOW.

The reason I'm asking is because I've registered for My IP-Relay Number, which I am told, are real local ten-digit number with an area code where I live, which I thought was nice. It's easier to give to hearing people this way (and a lot better than telling hearing people to call certain 866 number to the operators at Sorenson IP Relay or Sprint IP relay and give them my AIM username to connect to me. It just feels awkward - I can't even write THAT down for my doctor or dentist to call me via AIM! Too much explaining and not enough space to put all this information down how to get in touch with me!)

Of course I have to wait a few days for them to assign the number to me, so, anyway, I'm wondering. For some who has MY IP-Relay Numbers, how do you like it? Are they working for you, and if you are happy with the service...or do you wish My IP-Relay service could have been better?

I'm just curious! :cool2:

Thank you for your time!

I had mine for almost 2 years and it works fine for me.

If my AIM is shut down or my AIM is "Away mode" they will take message and email it to me so I still can get message on my mobile phone if my AIM is not running or turn on on the mobile phone.

I had mine for almost 2 years and it works fine for me.

If my AIM is shut down or my AIM is "Away mode" they will take message and email it to me so I still can get message on my mobile phone if my AIM is not running or turn on on the mobile phone.

Awesome. That is what I need to know. Thank you very much!

I used to like IP-Relay services (when it was operated by MCI/Verizon)... Now I get all sort of strange messages from recording messages. I get some blank messages telling me to return their calls if desired. It seems GoAmerica (parent company of IP-Relay and i711) merged both companies into one company called IP-Relay.

I have had three different numbers (three different area codes) under IP-Relay (Verizon) and a toll-free number under i711. I am trying to figure how to get the phone numbers deactivated.

I have a number through My IP Relay, and I really like it. It much for convenient to give out to people I don't know well (I have trouble with new voices on the phone).

I recently discovered I can do VCO from my computer and Sorenson which is really exciting because I can speak fine, just can't hear as well anymore.

Anyway, I like the My IP Relay service the best so far. i711, my friend said she has problems with the operators. She said many are foreign and English doesn't seem to be their first language. She preferred using My IP Relay, and I like to use the service that is easy for the hearing person too. I like having it connected to AIM.

I've been considering buying Beejive (Jive Talk) and using it on my BB Curve because I have unlimited data. Why use SMS when I can use data instead??

i have a number from my ip-relay and im not happy with that company.

I really don't keep my AIM up 24 hours a day, despite that I have My IP Relay phone number. :(

Sorenson IP-Relay final offer

Want to let you know that since we don't need depend on AIM any longer.. it include Blackberry that Sorenson design their software to able get incoming call! YAYA.. also 10 digits number include other choice is toll free number just same as DirectVP. It can found on mySorenson.com

Anything from GOAmerica to Purple and all in between. never did impress me. The i711 and MVP flop was the final straw for me with that company.

And now with the Purple company on the verge of possibly becoming history, due to owing SEC and FCC millions of dollars. Be careful which company you give your business to in making sure the company is ethical and serving the community of people with a hearing loss with respect, integrity and fairly.

Back