Is Jesus a God? Warning: Bible usage here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

halford

Reaction score
I may have missed other thread but do not have the luxury of time to look at each one. I thought I would start up one good one.

Is Jesus a God? Like the Father, Lord God Almighty? Or He is just one of the Gods in heaven?

It may be dogmatic if I used my own ideas so I will pull out from the Bible.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. (John 1:1-5 NAS95)

Then who was the Word? check Verse 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Obviously the Word refers to Jesus. Since the Word was God, then so is Jesus.

This is just one of some more... any inputs? Remember do provide scriptural proof, and no dogmatic comments.

Not sure if this will be fit in, on other thread of Prophesied Fullfilled of Messiah explained. And also Book of Isaiah has numerous matched description of who Jesus is include Immanuel, meaning God with us.

scripture said:
1 John 4

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is [THE WORD] of God [aka the word of Man].

Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not [THE WORD] of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist.

scripture said:
1 Timothy 3

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

[THE WORD of ] God was manifest in the flesh.

Isn't the Son of God the Son of Man??

You acknoweldge I AM HE!

Jesus Himself is the Word -- the living Word. The preexistent Word who was with God " in the beginning " has now become flesh ( John 1:1-18 ). Now the Word dwells among us revealing the glory of God ( John 1:14 ).

Only God's word has irresistible potency ( Isaiah 55:11 ) and absolute creative power ( Genesis 1:3-31 ; Luke 1:32-35; compare Isaiah 9:8; 31:2; 45:23 ). A person's word is often powerless ( 1 Corinthians 2:4; 4:19-20 ) and frequently fails ( Matthew 21:28-32 ).

Words are capable of great good and evil ( Matthew 12:36; James 3:5-6, 8 ). Words can deeply injure ( Proverbs 12:18; 18:14 ), and revive ( Proverbs 12:18, 25; 16:24 ). Words from the wicked are like a fire-spreading torch ( Proverbs 16:27-28 ); words from the good bring good fruit ( Proverbs 12:14; 10:11 ).

I was raised to beleive that Jesus is son of God until I registered AD forum here at 3 years ago and learn that Jesus is God which I disagree to.

I tried to find out either my beleif or their belief are correct or not until I saw the logic is between OT and NT and knew that Jesus is not God because God and Jesus have different personality at OT and NT.

I beleive Jesus's existance as human with flesh blood on the earth like us. It's hard to beleive either Jesus is really son of God or not. I know that Jesus didn't say that he is God but the people themselves who says this. They beleive Jesus is God because he has a miracle and can heal people's healthy? I guess Jesus is similar as some people who can do with miracle... :dunno:

Good folks... there are some contradictions here but keep going... I will post more verses from the OT to show that Jesus is God. Its really amazing but I will wait a little more. I want to see how much you all know first.

Jesus is not "a god".

Jesus is the God.

Jesus is not "a god".

Jesus is the God.

Good eyes, Reba!!!! DUH me, what a tricky word. I look up who said, A god. Couldn't find it. Till th title that Halford put, LOL. Halford, is that as if we notice something that is not right as a tricky word between "a" and "The" ? If so, GOOOD ONE!!!

[You acknoweldge I AM HE!

Really, do u have power to walk on the water, heal the sicks, or rise from your own death alike Jesus Christ did?

Really, do u have power to walk on the water, heal the sicks, or rise from your own death alike Jesus Christ did?

Nay, not me... haft no power.

Were you talking about this ?

combs_aug06_large.jpg

electric-grinch.jpg

Jesus is the Son of God. He prayed to God therefore it shows he's not God himself but as a son of God praying to his Father. Trinity is a concept - Jesus as son of God, God, and Holy Spirit treated as one but many verses indicate that they're separate entities.

Why people would say "Jesus is God" is bizarre. All the verses (like, "God is in me and I am in God") are metaphors, not literal.

Christianity is really a polytheistic religion - Christians believe in three gods but since polytheism was often pagan, they had to come up with the "Trinity" concept to make it "three becomes one" to agree with the monotheistic concept.

Yeah, Jesus did not say he is God but the people.

Yeah, Jesus prayed to God.

In John Chapter 10:30 (I and my Father are one.)

and In John Chapter 10:38 (But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.)

Jesus clearly claimed to be God on many occasions (Matthew 16:16,17; John 8:58; 10:30).

See (Philippians 2:6-8). He had two natures (divine and human) conjoined in one person.

Also For example, the Bible says that only God can forgive sins (Isaiah 43:25; Mark 2:7). Jesus did forgive sins when he was on earth. ;)

...Also For example, the Bible says that only God can forgive sins (Isaiah 43:25; Mark 2:7). Jesus did forgive sins when he was on earth. ;)
Excellent point. :)

Dude. I've walked on water before. Frozen lake. I can make fire from ice as well -- take an icecube and turn it into a concave lens to ampify the sun... puhleaaaseeee back in the day those things were parlor tricks.

It is said The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost. Phrased that way it is to be believed that they are all seperate entities and all is to be revered as a god. But in other passages he says I am the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Said that way it would mean they are all one and the same, just took on a different form.

SO I would say make your own assumption on who and what Jesus really is.

Even though I no longer practice Christianity, at one time I studied the bible intensely.

There is a definitely a contradiction going on in the bible as just to who exactly Jesus is. Sorry if this offends but it is the truth.

Jesus was a hippie. A cool guy possibly, his fan club however is completely insane not to mention his fathers fan club. They're even more borked in de~ brain~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back