Is it possible to have headaches with CI ?

Vivie

Reaction score
This past fri I went for a mapping appt..he lowered it down and stuff..

well the new map although in the office seemed okay...since then I've been having headaches and I can't hear very well..

:shock:

Im going to send in CI to get my old map back.

I also lost clarity in music.not to mention that my mother grumbles that I cant hear her when she calls me...

Why did the audi lower it down? What was the issue when you saw him?

that it was a tad loud on some areas...but I found not only I won the headaches..I lost also a LOT of clarity...

You def need a new map. :-(

I do get headaches usually the day or day after my mapping. Manly because of the tonal beeping and the adjusting. The last few times were a bit much because my audiologist was trying to figure out which high frequency was bothering me the most and lowering it without losing the clarity.

it was good for the first week, but then male voices sounded weird and I lost a bit of the lows. So I need a new map...even though I had one just about a month ago.

At any time you feel that you're missing something you had...always go for a new map.

Hey Lady..long time no talk!u haven't updated ur blog in ages..

I don't want a remap , I don't trust anymore my audie , cause I requested a long coil for when I ride my motorbike and he said to remove the padding from the helmet , which is illegal! CI falls when I am driving and when I have helmet in , it doesn't fit! I will get my old map back , and after a few months I will go to another audie...

Hey Lady..long time no talk!u haven't updated ur blog in ages..

I don't want a remap , I don't trust anymore my audie , cause I requested a long coil for when I ride my motorbike and he said to remove the padding from the helmet , which is illegal! CI falls when I am driving and when I have helmet in , it doesn't fit! I will get my old map back , and after a few months I will go to another audie...

yeah, I *just* updated it. Problem is I'm at a plateau. There's nothing more to say about my CIs except for mapping sessions. I am starting to hate my new map as well...it just sounds "off". I'm not sure if it's because the audi lowered the high frequencies a little too much...now male voices sounds weird. I am wondering if I'm having problems with the lows. Grrrr... :) That's pretty much all I need to say. I will update it again tonight or so since I am going to Cochlear's event in Las Vegas.

Back