Is disabled made people life harder ?

SuperChris

Reaction score
I just wonder what your view on my subject because this reason i ask you question to everyone there about your view. i alway think people not have disability made their life more easy than us or we even ? So i have deaf and cerebral palsy that is make is my life is really harder. Example really few jobs suit to me but i not want it i like different and change job. I love watch sport and i really want football or sport whatever but i can't do it.

Sure I think you are right it makes it harder. But I think it makes a lot of us tougher too and we just do something else that fits our abilities and where we can find fulfillment.

No much easier......Sales people come up to me I just point to the HA say sorry and walk away. People want to borrow money??? same thing.

I just wonder what your view on my subject because this reason i ask you question to everyone there about your view. i alway think people not have disability made their life more easy than us or we even ? So i have deaf and cerebral palsy that is make is my life is really harder. Example really few jobs suit to me but i not want it i like different and change job. I love watch sport and i really want football or sport whatever but i can't do it.

well yes of course being disabled isn't easy but we make do and we stay positive. that's how we make our life easier!

Having cerebral palsy is undoubtedly hard to deal with and it limits your career choice but only you can choose to view your own life as harder or not.

Stay positive and keep on truckin'! :cool2:

I have to say yes it has made my life harder. Cause like all you deafies, my disability cannot be seen. I have ADD & I have been recently diagnosed with severe dyscalculia.

Everyone 'assumed' that I was lazy. And I was never given the same choices as my classmates. I graduated in 1991 and was never given the chance to take my SAT's. and when I asked my guidance counselor about college he smiled at me patronizingly and I was given a list of vocational schools. I was so embarrassed I never asked again.

SuperChris, I do find it much harder to search for a job, but there is more to life than just what you do for work. If you have loved ones, are able to do things you enjoy, that makes life a whole lot richer too.

Yes. I am disabled. I have hip dysplasia, I am deaf, and two injured discs in my lower back. Those disabilities does make my life harder. I am in need of a chair and a hip replacement. I don't know what to do about my back, will see after I have my hip replacement done first and see what happens. My deafness does make my life a bit harder because it is frustrating when people try to speak and I can't understand speech. I can't speak either, and that is frustrating too. Writing on paper back and forth hurts my hand because of arthritis. So, yes, having disabilities makes my life harder. I have to work 3x harder to get what I want/need/achieve/etc. It does affect me education-wise - I require an interpreter but a LOT gets lost in translation so I also need CART as well. I will be asking for both when I get my hip taken care of and then I will enroll in University maybe next year. My tuition is paid for by the state here so college is free, I only have to worry about books and school supplies which I can take care of with Financial Aid.

Some disabilities have more clear cut solutions than others. For example blindness has a white cane, large print, guide dog, braille, etc. But other disabilities like arthritis or chronic illnesses can be hard to treat and manage and make life harder as a result.

I don't feel my being deaf is a disability. It is just me. My disabvility come in with the neuropathy that I have. My right side from shoulder to ankle is totally numb. I can still walk and all, but I can't feel anything. I was burned (purposely) with a cigarette by someone who didn't believe that I was numb and did not feel it and still have the scar 25 years later. The doctors can't explain it. They can only say what I don't have so they lumped me with a diagnosis of neuropathy, unexplained nerve problems. This amke it so that I cannot sit for longer periods than 10 minutes or stand for longer perions of 5 minutes. I have to move a lot and then I still have problems. My knee cap slips out of place at least once a week and that's real fun. I have a cane in the house and one in each vehicle since I keep leaving home without it. (It's not the American Express card you know.)

I keep my chin up and do what I can. I have my ups and downs, but then so does any other living breathing person on this planet.

Back