Is CSD a monopoly?

Deaf Reaper

Reaction score
What do you see in CSD (Communication Services for the Deaf)? Is CSD trying to take over the deaf market, establish a monopoly, or force people to use their services?

Deaf Reaper said:
What do you see in CSD (Communication Services for the Deaf)? Is CSD trying to take over the deaf market, establish a monopoly, or force people to use their services?

it is an non-profit organization. I don't see that they are trying to establish a monopoly. Perhaps you can tell us more detail on how they are forcing people to use their services.

There is no reason why anybody else can set up their own agency and compete with CSD. Its a free country.

Can anyone clarify on what CSD does and what are their purposes? I don't believe I have heard much about them. When was it established and so forth?

Thanks!

Go to CSD and you will know what it is. I couldn't say much about CSD because I don't really into the rumors, etc. Just that I know they service TONS for Deaf people such as relay for video and TTY and interpreter services. They got lots of $$ from state or federal I am not sure. They made so much money which that helped them support and service Deaf community better. I believe what Deaf Reaper meant is that they are kind of Microsoft company to Deaf community. While other smaller companies tried to compete with CSD but couldn't go any farther because lack of $$$.

Ottoman Empire

The best comparision for CSD on a lighter note would be the Ottoman Empire. They expand out then retreat.

Richard Roehm

I cannot believe you guys. CSD may become huge, but hey, we cannot deny that it is something we need. Even the CEO is deaf, we all know that many Deafies got a job working there. Isn't it something we ought to celebrate rather than to complain about?

My two cent worth..

If CSD is into monopoly, then where is the indication that CSD is trying to put certain corporation out of business, rather than encouraging or sponsoring them?

Mission Statement
The mission of CSD is to provide greater opportunities for access, independence, and awareness for all individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing. Through global leadership and a continuum of quality communication services and human service programs, CSD provides the tools conducive to a positive and fully integrated life.

The exposure of CSD is to influence others to provide accessibilities, to recognize their true talents and to become aware of their needs. Who else is our global leader, else than CSD? I'm sure there are few out there, and we need more global leaders. Let's support CSD as one of global leaders rather than to break them apart. It's paradoxic thing to cry for more deaf accessibility then to destroy CSD when it was provided for.

Back