Is campaigning "body contact" sport?

racheleggert

Reaction score
Few days ago I watched on TV, I forget who said that campaigning/politics can be body/physical contact sport... With my experince, kinda of... like if I and people do parades, sometimes we would bump into eachother, it have to do with people... Many parades requires me to walk,. run, jog, etc, same as with doorknocking, I end up sweating, and sometimes very thristy (if it is on hot days), and we would get hungry afterwards, just like football and hockey players. We also most of time requires team work, and they give out t-shirts (whatever colors they have)... It is like sports to me since I can't play any regular sports besides softball. I want to hear from your opinions.

politics schmoliticks: 1 a : the art or science of government

thus, its an art, not an sport. Sorry, but walking around handing Nader shirts out doesn't qualify as a sport.

If it was a sport, it would be something that people could do for a very long time. How often do you go around campaiging for some politician? Not often... usually once.

Not a sport because whatever physical activity that occurs is only incidental to the main activity of politicking. That is, when you go out knocking at doors, the purpose is to meet and communicate with the voters. The purpose is not to test physical endurance or strength.

Politics might be a game but it is not a sport. :)

t0rmented said:
politics schmoliticks: 1 a : the art or science of government

thus, its an art...
...or a science.
My BS degree is in Political Science, not Political Sports, ha, ha.

VamPyroX said:
If it was a sport, it would be something that people could do for a very long time. How often do you go around campaiging for some politician? Not often... usually once.

I do it every year but I take off like for a month (nov-Dec) or whenever there is new campaign season starting more like jan-feb, depends on canddiate... sometiimes year-round if theres special election.

racheleggert said:
I do it every year but I take off like for a month (nov-Dec) or whenever there is new campaign season starting more like jan-feb, depends on canddiate... sometiimes year-round if theres special election.
We have Texas Rangers baseball team every year. We have New York Giants football team every year. Do we have Bill Clinton every year?

racheleggert, what exactly is it that you do during campaigns if you don't mind my asking?

VamPyroX said:
We have Texas Rangers baseball team every year. We have New York Giants football team every year. Do we have Bill Clinton every year?

Heheheh, thats a rather bad example actually- we DO have clinton every year. Whether it's in the news, on SNL, or his brand-new book, we see him everywhere. It's ironic how the women who so very hated him are now so very attracted to him- as a matter of fact I ran past this last night-

"The official clinton portrait"
clintonpic.jpg

:stupid:

Back