iPod Users

What's the difference with CC and subtitle? I am sure they're both the same? :roll:

Subtitle don't define the audio in background and no black solid on background, such as white and black, SDH (Subtitle for Deaf and Hard of Hearing) is other way to include define the audio in background but only displayed in white or yellow text with no black solid in background.

CC, known as Line 21 (Most common when watch movie via using CC from TV or DVD player software that support CC decode)
GrillImage2.jpg

Subtitle (Most common when watch movie via using subtitle from DVD)
subtitle2.jpg

SDH (Subtitle for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, 2nd picture on below) (Only available on some selected DVD and all of Blu-ray movies)
dinosaurboth.jpg

I'm personally prefer to pick CC, known as Line 21 because easier to read and define the audio on background, most DVD support CC but some of them are limited to CC only, such as South Park, CSI and major of DVD that made on CBS, Viacom (Nick, MTV, Comedy Central, VH1) and some others are limited to CC only, that means rip the DVD isn't effective because of needed CC decode to be added.

SDH would be my 2nd option if no CC like some DVD from Warner Bros, late series of Harry Potters and I am Legend and some DVD from Fox like The Simpsons, SDH is less common than CC and subtitle.

It means two things...

Subtitles are usually just what the person is saying.

Captions are usually what the person is saying plus other sounds that appear during the movie such as "clock ticking" or "alarm sounding".

Another thing...

Subtitles are already part of the movie, they simply need to be turned on or off.

Captions are a different part of the movie and require a decoder to make it appear.

What is being said is that iPods don't have decoders. So, if you wanted to watch something... make sure it's subtitled.

All of current gen of iPod except for Shuffle are including with CC decoder built-in.

It's usually for 40+ movies, including with rental feature and will include in tv shows in later time.

whats wrong with Zune?? I think Zune is great device.

Zune is very behind of iPod.

There's exclusive for iPod that Zune don't offers, on iTunes store, they offers alot of movies (including with buy or rent), alot of tv shows with different channels, varies of Podcast (that's video about game review, skateboard, sport, tip and hint for games, cheat, BMX and other more) and alot of music video. iPod Touch has anything that I want but iPod Classic is compared to Zune with limited feature.

For Zune, they only offers music from Zune store, there's no movie and tv shows, plus Zune don't have CC decoder built-in since current gen of iPod has CC decoder built-in. You can rip the DVD movies and transfer into Zune but I don't like rip the DVD because of make CPU so hot and longer than download due slower superdrive (8x), when CPU is very hot then OS runs like slower and unstable.

iPod is support on PC and Mac but Zune is limited to PC only.

You had iPhone, you switched it to iPod Touch, didn't like it, switched it again to iPod Classic, what next? iPod Nano?

You had iPhone, you switched it to iPod Touch, didn't like it, switched it again to iPod Classic, what next? iPod Nano?

Why are you concern about it? :dunno2:

I'm just try out on different before 14 days then I can considering to keep so longer, iPod Nano? No, iPod Nano isn't my type, neither is Shuffle.

Like previous post, I said that I had feel no love in iPod Classic and screen is so smaller when watch movie in widescreen, I prefer widescreen over fullscreen, subtitle on fullscreen are little chopping off but show full in widescreen. I just exchanged back to iPod Touch but different capacity, before was 16 GB and now is 32 GB. I'm decide to keep with iPod Touch for good.

iPhone is other story because of part with mobile device and iPod in combined, I'm probably not get iPhone in June 2008 for some reason due pfft with att plan for no unlimited on tethering (after mentioned by my friend), I had been discussed in other forum and some people don't think that 2nd gen of iPhone will support tethering to laptop except for WiFi by third party apps.

Zune is very behind of iPod.

There's exclusive for iPod that Zune don't offers, on iTunes store, they offers alot of movies (including with buy or rent), alot of tv shows with different channels, varies of Podcast (that's video about game review, skateboard, sport, tip and hint for games, cheat, BMX and other more) and alot of music video. iPod Touch has anything that I want but iPod Classic is compared to Zune with limited feature.

For Zune, they only offers music from Zune store, there's no movie and tv shows, plus Zune don't have CC decoder built-in since current gen of iPod has CC decoder built-in. You can rip the DVD movies and transfer into Zune but I don't like rip the DVD because of make CPU so hot and longer than download due slower superdrive (8x), when CPU is very hot then OS runs like slower and unstable.

iPod is support on PC and Mac but Zune is limited to PC only.
Zune is behind of ipod? Some I respectably disagree, but it is your opinion on presecptive. Why Many ipod users left ipod for New Zune device with awesome huge 80GB and reasonable price? example me if you do care?

I correct you about Zune is incapable with MAC. its for Window only.

I like Zune in some way for can rip Movie dvd into Zune and huge GB with reasonable price over Ipod. However I don't mind to get Ipod touch, thats it without asking me why. ;)

Ipod touch with 16GB for 400 bucks and Zune with 80GB for 349.00 bucks (correct me if i was wrong). which one is wise budget and reasonable price?

Mircosoft currently work between xbox 360, zune and movie viz internet for rent or buy like Ipod does.. But Zune can download movie thru xbox 360 via USB port. I don't know when MS will make declaim it, pretty soon.

Zune is behind of ipod? Some I respectably disagree, but it is your opinion on presecptive.

I correct you about Zune is incapable with MAC. its for Window only.

I like Zune in some way for can rip Movie dvd into Zune and huge GB with reasonable price over Ipod. However I don't mind to get Ipod touch, thats it without asking me why. ;)

Ipod touch with 16GB for 400 bucks and Zune with 80GB for 349.00 bucks (correct me if i was wrong). which one is wise budget and reasonable price?

Look for Zune vs. Classic iPod, both of are right compete since iPod Touch is just newer, different than Zune and iPod Classic.

iPod Touch is similar to PDA without phone or cellular wireless function, both of iPod Classic and Zune are reality digital music player with video function, both of them use hard drive since iPod Touch use flash memory, flash memory is less feed with battery than hard drive does.

Right now, iPod Classic is quietly behind of Zune because of no WiFi and no touch screen, however you can compare with Zune and iPod Touch if you need opinion for that.

In previous post, for behind, I was means that Zune store is very behind of iTunes store, sorry for misunderstood.

Look for Zune vs. Classic iPod, both of are right compete since iPod Touch is just newer, different than Zune and iPod Classic, there's nothing to compare for iPod Touch.

iPod Touch is similar to PDA without phone or cellular wireless function, both of iPod Classic and Zune are reality digital music player with video function, both of them use hard drive since iPod Touch use flash memory, flash memory is less feed with battery than hard drive does.
Yes, I did not pay attention on Ipod classic compare with Zune. sorry.. I will be anaylize on ipod classic compare with zune later on. But You know any store: 50 people look at between ipod classes and Zune, they will end up to get Zune instead of ipod classic. However Perhap one or two out of 50 people who get ipod classic. no questions. :D

Yes, I did not pay attention on Ipod classic compare with Zune. sorry.. I will be anaylize on ipod classic compare with zune later on. But You know that people look at between ipod classes and Zune, they end up to get Zune instead of ipod classic. However Perhap one or two out of 50 people who get ipod classic. no questions. :D

Where's source about Zune outsold iPod Classic?

I already fixed my post that you can compare with Zune and iPod Touch if you need opinion for that.

Forgot to mention on my post #26, thanks to Jclarke for found HandBrake, that's more worth than Xilisoft DVD Ripper.

Where's source about Zune outsold iPod Classic?
No any link nor source. I just guess and conpect of the basic explain. However I read Zune's forums, ex-ipod users comments there.

No any link nor source. I just guess and conpect of the basic explain. However I read Zune's forums, ex-ipod users comments there.

I don't find any statistic for top selling on digital music player.

Most hearing people are prefer to pick iPod Nano or Shuffle over iPod Classic.

I don't find any statistic for top selling on digital music player.

Most hearing people are prefer to pick iPod Nano or Shuffle over iPod Classic.
Where's source about iPod Nano or Shuffle outsold iPod Classic? LOL

Pacman, I think it must be dpesite its smallest style?

Back