Iphone 3G and TTY

GeorgiaPoetry

Reaction score
I have the Iphone 3G and I just noticed a place in it for TTY. I've never used TTY and have no clue how it works. Can someone explain to me how to use TTY or is there a link that would be really helpful for me to read. With my hearing get worse all the time, I want to start learning this stuff so that I can be more "comfortable" once my hearing is completely gone.

Woman, that iPhone allow you to connect with any TTY with cell connector to make call. The normal without "TTY mode", it would mess up on the communicate on TTY to TTY or relay service.

Woman, that iPhone allow you to connect with any TTY with cell connector to make call. The normal without "TTY mode", it would mess up on the communicate on TTY to TTY or relay service.

Connect with cell connector? Ok.... so that means that I need to get some sort of other device to make the TTY feature work?

Connect with cell connector? Ok.... so that means that I need to get some sort of other device to make the TTY feature work?

You can also use cordless phones with the Compact/C. Just connect the TTY to the 2.5mm “hands free” audio jack found on many cordless phone models. Turn on the telephone, then turn on the TTY and press the spacebar. Dial the number of the person you are calling on the cordless phone, and enjoy your conversation!

deafmac.org

If you do not currently own a tty, you may want to think again. If you like it, good and fine, but those are outdated. Most people use pagers, VP, MVP, but not too many with tty. You can find them on ebay always, lots of people have them in storage, closets, etc.

I think even VP, MVP has the 911 problems worked out now.

Check out computer relay services such as Purple Communications, Sorenson, many others. You will get your own phone number, be able to use relay. It is easy. Just need a camera that works for your computer or laptop.

You can maybe also see if you can get i711 on your cell. Mine can and does. If I miss a relay call I can get a notice on my cell. Easy.

You can call anyone using text or ASL using the relay services.

Please POWERON and CHEVY, correct me if I give bad info?

If you do not currently own a tty, you may want to think again. If you like it, good and fine, but those are outdated. Most people use pagers, VP, MVP, but not too many with tty. You can find them on ebay always, lots of people have them in storage, closets, etc.

I think even VP, MVP has the 911 problems worked out now.

Check out computer relay services such as Purple Communications, Sorenson, many others. You will get your own phone number, be able to use relay. It is easy. Just need a camera that works for your computer or laptop.

You can maybe also see if you can get i711 on your cell. Mine can and does. If I miss a relay call I can get a notice on my cell. Easy.

You can call anyone using text or ASL using the relay services.

Please POWERON and CHEVY, correct me if I give bad info?

You can't expect to use videophone on 911 when there is outage. cell phone cover during outage are 50-50 chance to have it work

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have never heard of i711 or VP or any of that. So.....looks like I have a lot of researching and learning to do.

Back