IP relay with VCO?

scifigal777

Reaction score
I'm not sure of all the terminology, so I will just describe what I want to do, and I'd like to know if it's possible.

What I want to do, is speak into a microphone connected to my computer/laptop, and for my voice to connect right to the phone of the person I'm calling. Then when the other person speaks, I want the text to come up on the screen of my computer/laptop.

So far, all I've found is IP relay in which I'd have to type my messages and have them read to the other person. But I can talk just fine, and I'd rather not have to type if I don't have to.

I've also read about VoIP in which using microphones and speakers, two people can talk back and forth using Skype or something between two PCs. And also being able to use microphone / speakers to communicate from a PC to a phone and vice versa.

I don't see why those two services can't be combined. Text messaging is way too slow, and I can't communicate with landline phones. And I can't exactly carry my CapTel phone with me everywhere.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Or if something like that is being worked on right now?

Back