Ip Relay Queues Due To Pranks!

relayoperator

Reaction score
Using IP Relay and you're experiencing a queue or can't get through and wait times are outrageous? It's because of an increase in the number of prank calls by non-legitimate and non-deaf or non-hard of hearing KIDS (it's summer and they're all bored) who think its funny to prank over relay...

...I need your thoughts and opinions, cause this really pisses me off.

That is one of reason why I support VRS, aka Video Relay Service, impossible to do prank calls though VRS.

Haha VRS gets their share of pranks but at least they are actual deaf people making pranks and not stupid immature idiot kids doing it over the internet just to get off. I wish I could :rifle: them with some "grow the f*ck up" bullets.

Of course they do get crazy VRS calls, however the chances of getting hit by prankster on VRS is much lower than though TRS.

Haha VRS gets their share of pranks but at least they are actual deaf people making pranks and not stupid immature idiot kids doing it over the internet just to get off. I wish I could :rifle: them with some "grow the f*ck up" bullets.

The point is the originator of this topic is inquiring about IPRelay: I use IP-Relay several times a week and so far, nary a problem.

Maybe you can set up a file/punishment for people who use it as a prank. Ya know like if you spray something on the wall and police catch you, you will ending up being in jail or whatever even if you are not adult yet. Sort of like you can't use 911 as a prank.

Work with police dept on this. If you somehow have a system where you know the phone number of the prankster then you can give it to police and they can track it back to the location. I am sure parent will be pissed off at their kids. I am sure this will help reduce some pranks caused by kids because they don't want to face the wrath of their parents if police have to come over and make them pay the cost.

Deaf people shouldn't suffer for someone else's behavior.

That's my opinion. Basically just add pranks on relay call as one of thing that's against the law everywhere.

Maybe you can set up a file/punishment for people who use it as a prank. Ya know like if you spray something on the wall and police catch you, you will ending up being in jail or whatever even if you are not adult yet. Sort of like you can't use 911 as a prank.

Work with police dept on this. If you somehow have a system where you know the phone number of the prankster then you can give it to police and they can track it back to the location. I am sure parent will be pissed off at their kids. I am sure this will help reduce some pranks caused by kids because they don't want to face the wrath of their parents if police have to come over and make them pay the cost.

That's my opinion. Basically just add pranks on relay call as one of thing that's against the law everywhere.

IP Relay doesn't have any type of phone number from people whom uses it to make prank calls but I am sure that ip addressing are logged however since there is no law govering prank calls via relay or any sort of laws then there no autorizations to submit ISP or Provider to disclose whom was using that ip address during a prank calls.

It would just be a waste of time and tax money trying to govern those calls.

In my other posts like I said I am for locking down ip relay to registered member only with vaild email address that are not free mail services.

Same example on alldeaf.com forum where you have to register first and prove via email link before you could post on the forums. That what I want to see and it will CURB LOTS of those prank calls and scam calls too.

I think were being taken for a ride in this thread by a pro-VRS fanatic. Just look at the avatar, it looks a lot like VRSCA to me.

Richard

Tracking is nearly impossible, there are several reasons,

School may provide computer to kids at school, and if they use it, which kids? Also, kids knows computer very well, and they are bound to look for proxy server and fool anyone who try to track them, there are many other ways to stay invisble with identity.

And lastly, FCC prohibits any tracking on calls. They have to remain anonymous, equilvent to telephone companies, meaning same way as empoyees at telephone companies are not allowed to monitor the contents of calls, therefore operator is employee at relay center, have to do same thing, can not track the contents of every calls.

don't you think it's not fair since hearing do the prank over telephone? Sure, I do understand it's ridiculous prank but I felt that they want doing something same as hearing. Without prank, deaf would be great community that hearing would thought of. lol

I would be surprise if Relay Service decide to add to ban on certain ip-address or the caller.

How do you know it's cuz of the pranks? You one of the relay operators?

Back