Ip-relay on Sidekick

Josta said:
After a few emails back and forth with TMobile, I was just informed that IP-RELAY is not yet supported for Sidekick, that it is still in the "development stages" and that it has not yet been released.

BUMMER! Any other relay services that we can use with Sidekick?

John
I don't know about IP-relay but there is a relay for Sidekick... check www.fusewireless.com :) I'm gonna order that within few days after researching on what companies will provide for sidekick and service and rebates and all of that shit... ;)

I've since learned that http://www.lormarlogic.com has a link to a free relay service using the AIM feature on our Sidekick. If you WANT TTY capabilities it is $5 or so a month. I've used them once before and it works well.

Also would like to know in what way do you find it the best way to carry the SK? I have their leather case but can't always pick up the vibrations too well.

John

gnarlydorkette said:
WTF, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT... ARGH! I hate SIDEKICK ALREADY [throwing her brand new Sidekick]
you know nowadays the technology are improving and as the same time there's a price you gotta pay... everything isn't free...

Hey it is working now for IP Relay!!!

Good news for all SK users!
There will not see any IP Relay icon in the catalog but we able to use terminial icon to use IP relay as hosting which fastest than AIM relay!!!!

Now try to follow the instruction:

Go to catalog and select application then ALL

Select Terminial and purchase it and install!

When it is installed, you will see a small icon that looks like computer. Then open it and follow the name and host number.

Name: IP-Relay

Host: 199.249.21.66:2510

Protocol: RAW

Then it will normal as TTY to Relay! Good luck to all!
:lol:

I wondering why my friend got ip-relay upgraded to his pager but why didnt I get it? why my friend got it first place? :?:

dbarovian said:
There will not see any IP Relay icon in the catalog but we able to use terminial icon to use IP relay as hosting which fastest than AIM relay!!!!

When it is installed, you will see a small icon that looks like computer. Then open it and follow the name and host number.

wow it's work and smooth i called my friend and it's so smooth like computer, thanks! ;)

dbarovian said:

I posted that in other thread and did you know that you can do it on your computer too using terminal in your shell account.. see this thread: http://alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=7401&page=2&pp=20

Huh? I do not have time to stay home all day waiting for somebody to call me though TTY. I rather somebody contact me via E-mail WHEREVER I AM! I have hardly used TTY machine and realize it is going to be gone eventually. I prefer E-mail. Plus, I am tired of running to phone only to find out it is hearing person or telemarketer that kepts calling me, expecting that I can answer phone! sigh! WIth E-Mail, I can screen my incoming message ALOT easier, and no need to deal with Anonymous caller!

illustrator said:
hold your horse, how will we answer the incoming call on sidekick? That's biggest problem!

Back