Iowa Boy

Aber

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site, I will get this over with and tell a little about me. I am from Iowa and attend the U. of Iowa. I am deaf and on my last semester of college before I will have a degree in Biology. My future is uncertain and confusing... I feel strongly that deaf people are constantly downed by society and that we need to somehow build stronger connections, at least here in Iowa. Since, well, all that you see, is all that you will ever be. That's my little window of reality. Nice to be here!
Aber ps-Is there any deaf chat rooms out there?

Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

Yes, I know how you feel. I come from Dallas, Texas. The deaf society isn't exactly "great". Most of the deafies are spread out thin. The only deafie who lives close to me is one of my good friends who practically lives down the street. Everyone else lives 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and 1 hour away.

Hi Aber ,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here....Roadrunner is from Iowa too but he lives in Ohio now... :mrgreen:

VamPyroX said:
Everyone else lives 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and 1 hour away.

Hey! You forgotten about me! I live 4 hours away from you and I am still ur good friend.. unless u forgotten. :(

Hello Aiber; Welcome aboard! Have fun posting along with us! :thumb:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Aber! It's nice to see a fellow Iowan that's a member here...even though I was born and raised in Iowa, I do now live in Ohio and sure enough, sure miss seeing all those cornfields, the countrysides, etc...but I'm happy where I'm at now :mrgreen: Anyhow, have fun reading and posting and hope your stay will be a pleasant one too!

:wave:

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf and enjoy your stay. Have fun postin' with new friends at this site ! ;)

Back