iOS 5.0

InfamousMacBook

Reaction score
I finally downloaded it (I have a developer account) and I have to admit it's neat and weird all at the same time. I really like the iCloud feature and cannot wait for that to come out. It will be a forth of what MobileMe costs (there doing away with MobileMe). It's amazing how far this company has come with the iPhone. Remember the first one did nothing except text/talk & browse/email and no photo messages? I have to admit. I am a proud Apple owner.

What are your thoughts about the iPhone & iPad?

am a proud owner of iphone 4 (& iPad), and I am impressed on what apple has done for iOS 5 - I noticed they have added a beneficial part for the deaf with flashing alert and customised vibration - I look forward to the release so I can see what these actually benefit for the deaf iphone owners.

I finally downloaded it (I have a developer account) and I have to admit it's neat and weird all at the same time. I really like the iCloud feature and cannot wait for that to come out. It will be a forth of what MobileMe costs (there doing away with MobileMe). It's amazing how far this company has come with the iPhone. Remember the first one did nothing except text/talk & browse/email and no photo messages? I have to admit. I am a proud Apple owner.

What are your thoughts about the iPhone & iPad?

You lucky bitch! I really want one but too bad i can't afford to spend $99 a year for developer.

am a proud owner of iphone 4 (& iPad), and I am impressed on what apple has done for iOS 5 - I noticed they have added a beneficial part for the deaf with flashing alert and customised vibration - I look forward to the release so I can see what these actually benefit for the deaf iphone owners.

Agreed with you.

eh you can wait one more month....
Same here.
but I'd like to see a jailbroken version.... found out the beta version was jailbroken within 24 hours of the release....

Same here.
but I'd like to see a jailbroken version.... found out the beta version was jailbroken within 24 hours of the release....

oh my bad - I confuse this with OS X Lion.

iOS 5.0 = next fall
OS X Lion = next month

If you want so bad let me know and I can activate your UDID for a small fee. I am still trying to learn how to make apps. I realized after buying my Dev Account that I can actually learn with out buying it. So I like some of my money back.

If you want so bad let me know and I can activate your UDID for a small fee. I am still trying to learn how to make apps. I realized after buying my Dev Account that I can actually learn with out buying it. So I like some of my money back.

I like Dev Account but I won't pay $99 annual. Still be iOS 5 Beta 1 now . iMessage s not ready yet till this fall.

I like Dev Account but I won't pay $99 annual. Still be iOS 5 Beta 1 now . iMessage s not ready yet till this fall.

Actually, iMessages works. I have iOS 5.0 Beta 1 installed on all my devices (iPad & iPhone) and my nephews iPod Touch and he is able to send me iMessages through WiFi from his iPod Touch. I really like how iMessages works because on iPhone if you message another iPhone it goes through as iMessages automatically saving you text message charges. I can see myself now going down to 1500 text instead of unlimited (possibly). I use normally between 4K to 15K text messages a month though.

Actually, iMessages works. I have iOS 5.0 Beta 1 installed on all my devices (iPad & iPhone) and my nephews iPod Touch and he is able to send me iMessages through WiFi from his iPod Touch. I really like how iMessages works because on iPhone if you message another iPhone it goes through as iMessages automatically saving you text message charges. I can see myself now going down to 1500 text instead of unlimited (possibly). I use normally between 4K to 15K text messages a month though.

Yes, iOS to iOS messaging service only. It can't connect with non-iOS device like Android devices. I think about Textfree app for iPhone. They can connect to any mobile device. no monthly service I have to use it for my iPad 2 Wifi. Worked to connect with iPhone 4.

I learn that custom vibrate will not work with SMS or e-mail alert, only for voice ringer. I hope it's just beta and send the feedback that custom vibrate should be along with SMS and e-mail alert.

Yes, iOS to iOS messaging service only. It can't connect with non-iOS device like Android devices. I think about Textfree app for iPhone. They can connect to any mobile device. no monthly service I have to use it for my iPad 2 Wifi. Worked to connect with iPhone 4.

iMessages will only work with other iOS Devicces outside of the Beta too. Just like FaceTime only works with iOS. Everyone I know has iPhone. I hate Droid phones. To open source and to much trouble.

Just get whatsapp. :mrgreen:

Back