Invading privacy from Web Mail

goldpony

Reaction score
I just found out today from a friend of mine who still work at that awful place. That they can check our web mail while we still have it open on the internet. If we are working on something else and leave our web mail open, they can go in and do all the reading that they want. They were using keystroke recorder. I was wondering how they got a copy of the webmail of mine while I was working and I wasn't reading it. Is this illegal? If so, how can I find out about it?

It's partially true. A lot of companies do keep track of everything their employees do while they're at the office. Those computers are their private property. They want to know what their employees are doing and if they're doing what's appropriate during work hours.

I don't know if it's exactly a keylogger that they're using, but they do keep track of what websites you visit and what time you visited them. For instance, if you visited AllDeaf while you were at work and it was not during your break... then they would find out and have a talk with you. "Tsk tsk tsk... consider this a warning. I caught you browsing on the web when you should have been working!"

It may be annoying but it is not illegal for companies to monitor/screen employees.

It is so they will know whether their employees are actually doing their job, not playing around.

I found out today, that the company had been into my email from home. I got the list of my computer activities and it showed that there were 5 days missing off the papers. I thought it was kind of strange. I'm always on my computer even during those 5 days. From 6/8 to 6/12 is not listed and I got fired on 6/12. Thye have copy of a email that I know that they couldn't know of. Even my friend told me that got copy of something of her and she was wondering how they got it. Someone told me that if they got my IP #, userid and password, they can get into it. I need to know where or who I can contact to get some evidence that they have absoleuty voilated my privacy. I did not give them the right to go into my email from home.

erase your browsing history and cache and change your passwords asap

They are accusing me of doing something that I didn't do. I would like to know how they can get into my computer.

Back