Introduction

awilli414

Reaction score

Hi my name is Angela. I have a hearing impaired son and I am a hearie. I use asl and am in calsses to improve my skills. I am looking for parents in simular situation and anyone interested in teaching or practicing.

welcome 2 AD! hearing impaired kid here who has worn hearing aids since 6 months of age and about 2 turn 17 next month!
if U see my avvie, I have cool looking hearing aids :)

Baltimore is a good place to be if you are looking for deaf people. :wave:

hello im allega and im hearing, i love ASL im self teaching mmy self and im 15 turing 16 next month whooo, i really want a ASL buddy to help me with my signing :)

hello im allega and im hearing, i love ASL im self teaching mmy self and im 15 turing 16 next month whooo, i really want a ASL buddy to help me with my signing :)

Shouldn't you be in school at this hour?

Hi my son goes to a public school in a modified classroom with fm He has no hearing in his right ear and 40percent in left without his aid. He hates sign he will only do it for this little girl in his class. They are bith 11 will be 12 this montg. Honestly I only know 2 deaf people here. Im just trying to find my way. Thanks for the warm welcome! ;-)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hate the word "hearing impaired". :ugh: Just say the word like deaf or hard of hearing. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi my son goes to a public school in a modified classroom with fm He has no hearing in his right ear and 40percent in left without his aid. He hates sign he will only do it for this little girl in his class. They are bith 11 will be 12 this montg. Honestly I only know 2 deaf people here. Im just trying to find my way. Thanks for the warm welcome! ;-)
Hmmmmm............I wonder if the program might be sending negative vibes about the use of ASL? He may also not realize that "check it out...ASL means I can talk without having to use hearing aids!"
He is on the cusp of when social emotional things get hard.....like a lot of oral kids do well intially, and then they realize "oh oral only is hard...need ASL too."
ASL is awesome for the social emotional as well as all kinds of higher emotional development. Just have him turn off his hearing aids, or put him in a noisy room....and then he may "click"

Back