Introduction

accipio

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope I'm not intruding. I'm a hearing techno-geek with occasional interaction with the deaf world. There was a deaf-ed class next to mine at one point - among other things the deaf-ed students taught me how to sign "wierd" because that's what they thought I was!

I found AD while researching how to provide customer support by TTY/TDD.
We recently installed TTY/TDD hardware/software at our Callcenter. No one knew how to use TTY/TDD, what the etiquette was, etc. so I did some research and developed and delivered some basic training on it. I also tested the functionality of the TTY/TDD after it was installed. We use MyTTY at the Callcenter and I've been using Nextalk for test calls so that the support staff can get comfortable with this "New Technology" LOL

I ran into some issues with Nextalk - I am a devoted Linux user (Ubuntu 8.04) - since Nextalk is Windows only. I managed to get it working on Ubuntu using Wine and posted a short description of what I did in a Nextalk thread here in AD.

Good to meet you and I hope you don't mind if I drop by from time to time.

btw: accipio - Latin, meaning: to consider oneself indebted, receive, learn, take.

Hi,
I hope I'm not intruding. I'm a hearing techno-geek with occasional interaction with the deaf world. There was a deaf-ed class next to mine at one point - among other things the deaf-ed students taught me how to sign "wierd" because that's what they thought I was!

I found AD while researching how to provide customer support by TTY/TDD.
We recently installed TTY/TDD hardware/software at our Callcenter. No one knew how to use TTY/TDD, what the etiquette was, etc. so I did some research and developed and delivered some basic training on it. I also tested the functionality of the TTY/TDD after it was installed. We use MyTTY at the Callcenter and I've been using Nextalk for test calls so that the support staff can get comfortable with this "New Technology" LOL

I ran into some issues with Nextalk - I am a devoted Linux user (Ubuntu 8.04) - since Nextalk is Windows only. I managed to get it working on Ubuntu using Wine and posted a short description of what I did in a Nextalk thread here in AD.

Good to meet you and I hope you don't mind if I drop by from time to time.

btw: accipio - Latin, meaning: to consider oneself indebted, receive, learn, take.

:wave: Drop by all you care too!

You may address me: pasniedzējs btw: Latvian. I will trust you to translate! :lol:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I don't know about the new technology as I am getting too old to try out new things. I have my own TTY/TDD at home. I just got my first computer back in 2006 and I am getting good at it after I learned how to use it. Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

welcome, accipio,

my husband big-time techno-geek, computer programmer/network security, HAM operator/gamer etc. He happens to be hoh.

Back