Introduction...

NitroHonda

Reaction score
Hi all... My name's Mike. Born Deaf. Originally from Houston, Texas. We live in Austin now. Attended both TSD back in the late 80's to mid 90's. Briefly went to MSSD. Graduated from the University of Houston. I'm a proud and lifelong Sigma Phi Epsilon brother. I own and operate a growing small business that serves central Texas. I service parking lots. I have two young boys, a 10 yr old who currently attends TSD and a hearing 3 year old who is terrorizing his daycare. I'm a MAJOR message board poster but more so for football. I'm just about the biggest Houston Texans fan you'll ever meet and yes we all have season tickets. We never miss a game. GO TEXANS!!

I came here to hopefully learn about equipment or devices or services that could help me in my small business endeavors. Despite being culturally Deaf, I am definitely out of touch in the technology sector. I speak fairly well, function well in the hearing world, and have always resisted technology. In other words, I'm stubbornly independent. Well... time for me to back down. My hearing three year old son... I want to hear his voice so... I'm now getting some hearing aids. I'm not really looking forward to them as I feel like a traitor to my self-worth which is,.. I'm Deaf and I'm fine with that...but... I really do want to hear his voice from time to time. Also, the barriers in fuctioning within the construction trade are very difficult to overcome. I'm just now learning about VRI services I'd like to seek out interfaces similar to those to help bridge the gap between the Deaf-world and hearing world for myself.

Anyway, looking forward to posting here...

Back