Introduction - mom of a deaf teen

yaelhass

Reaction score
Hi,
My name's Yael, and I'm the mother of a 13 year old boy who's been deaf from birth.
He's got severe-profound hearing impairment, but does relatively well with power aids. Last week we got him new Naids IIIup aids, still not fully adjusted and the built in FM still isn't working, but we hope it will soon.
He is mainstreamed in a regular class and is top of his class academically, but has very few (if any) hearing friends. He does go to a social meeting of deaf kids once a week and there has many friends.
Oh, I forgot to mention, we live in Israel.
I've been linked to a mailing list of parents of HI kids ever since he's been diagnosed, but I feel I need a more "active" forum and hope this forum is like that (it seems so from what I saw so far).
Hopefully, one day, when my son's English is better he'll join this list himself.

Welcome from the south

Welcome to the forum, lots of events, issues, jokes etc...visit all pages, you will find it most entertaining and educating as well. I am from Chattanooga, where r u ?

Sorry, just updated my profile
We live in Israel (but we're coming to the US on April 2nd for 2.5 weeks - Orlando + Miami...can't wait...).

Sorry, just updated my profile
We live in Israel (but we're coming to the US on April 2nd for 2.5 weeks - Orlando + Miami...can't wait...).

Welcome to All Deaf.

I am sure you will enjoy your visit to USA, Florida.

They're also several Deaf Clubs in Florida as well. Orlando and Miami both have Deaf Clubs.

Thanks,
Our schedule is so "fully booked" I don't think we'll have time for other things, but thanks anyway.

25tdjx2.gif

Back