Introducing myself

AOS

Reaction score
:wave: Hi I am AOS from CT. A late deafened adult from bacterial meningitus. A Christmas Gift 2007
I have spent the last few years on the PC with friends who do not know or remember I am deaf. It has been fun but it is time to leave the house more often.
There are many situations I am unsure how to handle. I look forward to getting to know other members.

Hello. You can find lots of information here to help you. :)

Hey I meeemeber juuuu!! Thank you for coming this way. Can you help me find someone to chat with today? Preferably a late deafened adult

Hey I meeemeber juuuu!! Thank you for coming this way. Can you help me find someone to chat with today? Preferably a late deafened adult

Beach Girl is here. Maybe you could go to her visitor messages and see if she would chat with you.

Beach Girl is here. Maybe you could go to her visitor messages and see if she would chat with you.

Thank you again for your help today. I found her under Community and members and am searching to see how to make contact. Trial and error. No trial and SUCCESS :lol:

Enjoy today

welcome to AD, there are quite a few people here who are late deafened, I'm sure you will be fine. What do you have in your toolbox? are you aided, CI, lipreading, or sign?

welcome to AD, there are quite a few people here who are late deafened, I'm sure you will be fine. What do you have in your toolbox? are you aided, CI, lipreading, or sign?

Unfortunately, none of the above. I hope someday to have something in my toolbox. I like that word!

I am trying now; baby steps. Some of what I have been told is disappointing. A lot that I have experienced outside in the real world has been discouraging (to put it mildy). It can seem overwhelming at times. My faith is strong and keeps me going. If believe if I keep searching, I will find my way. 1 day at a time. I am so happy to have found a place where I can meet other late-deafened adults and others who have shared similar experiences and feelings.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. While you are learning about deafness and Deaf Culture, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back