introducing myself : )

S

soapeterminal

hi

my name is peter. i'm 28 years old. oh, and i'm hearing. i am currently pursuing my masters in education of the deaf and hard of hearing at the university of tennessee in knoxville. i'm thinking about adding interpreting too in order to improve my asl skills, though i know that the skills really come from signing and socializing with deafies. i absolutely love asl, i think it is the most beautiful language. i am also iterested in Deaf culture too. i love the fact that learning a new language is allowing me to commuicate with and meet a lot of really cool people. it's really exciting.

i'm kind of lazy, except for practicing my asl of course. but, i'm sort of a movie buff, though alot of movies have been kind of stinky recently. survivor and csi are my favorite tv shows. i'm not too fond of the tennessee weather, it can get too hot for me, since i grew up in connecticut and maine, and i am a terrible sweater. if i won a billion dollars i'd buy a boat and sail around australia, my favorite country. i love dancing and am going to go for me ballroom certification after i graduate. i'm also thinking of getting certified as a massage therapist. i'm a natural, and have even converted people that used to hate massage into my biggest fans. i haven't done snow sports in a while, but i fell in love with snowboarding the last time i hit the slopes. i'm not a crazy sports fanatic kind of guy, but i do like basketball and cheer on my houston rockets always. i love the "get fuzzy" comic strip. bucky katt says what i wish i could say. : ) and i like playing my sims2 when i don't have anything better to do. i love pad thai, but it's hard to find good pad thai. always interested in meeting now people, so if you ever want to chat, just give me a buzz!

thanks for reading! : )

:welcome: to AD! Enjoy your time here and have tons of fun here!

BTW, How is Knoxville? Havent been there in a long time. :D

soapeterminal, welcome to alldeaf.com! :)

I grew up in the Knoxville area. I attended the deaf school (TSD) where I was a day student, and also attended college there. I don't live there anymore, but most of my relatives still do.

Speaking of the weather in Tennessee. I would rather have hot summer and mild winter here in Atlanta.

Hello and :welcome: Peter to alldeaf from Ireland!! Hope this will benefit you as you will learn alot here in alldeaf.

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf soaperterminal!!! I hope you enjoy yourself on this forum. Your introduction is so interesting!!! You will meet a lot of wonderful people on AD. Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!!! :)

G'day soapeterminal,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll enjoy your visit here. Good luck with your studies. Sailing around Australia is a good goal, but beware of the sharks!
Cheers! :wave:

Hi,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :)

welcomegreen.gif

i am the former "soapeterminal". thanks for all your nice welcome comments. i had to change my username and reposted my introduction again under Peter331. looking forward to my experiences here! thanks again!

Hi Hi Peter again!!

Oh well, I saw you changed your name, so I am going to greet you again!

Welcome to ALLDEAF. Make yourself comfortable and start posting and making new friends here with us...

Enjoy your stay...

:wave:

Back