Introducing Myself

My left hand is my dominant hand for finger spelling, but I can do a little bit with certian letters and numbers, but I'm not used to signing full-time with it, mainly because my left hand is usually the first one to go up when responding to someone.

Lol. Ive been told i should become a deaf ed teacher instead of a special education teacher because special ed teachers dont use asl very much if at all. But i was told by my teacher that asl teachers are rare and needed in special ed.

Yes,exactly....ASL fluent TODs ARE needed.....that would be SO cool...you'd make a HUGE difference....

If you are hearing like you mentioned on the top of your thread. You need to go to the ASL class in order to understand Deaf Culture and be able to sign properly even if you have miss fingers. If you are determined to learn ASL, then please find a ASL class hopefully with Deaf teacher. That is the only way how to sign and be with Deaf people in the Deaf community or Deaf events. Good luck on searching the right ASL class.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back