intro

heartwheel

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new here. I am hearing tho not always comprehending so I feel deaf a lot. I have a memory a long time ago of hearing a sign interpreter and feeling that sign language was a profound, multidimensional, poetic language. I have never had the opportunity to meet anyone who was deaf, nor had the opportunity to learn, except for alphabet and a few bits I taught myself when i was a kid. I hope to take an adult ed class in January but I have to admit I'm feeling a bit deflated as I know that it takes actually immersion to learn sign language and I dont know how that's going to happen.

When I was a teenager (im 41 now) I went to a city and met my first street mime and I was just absolutely floored with the whole experience, I had a feeling like falling in love, very intense emotions flooding through me, beyond words.

So that is what i can think to share today.
- lisa

Thanks for the welcome Philips, Liebling and Bottesin :)

Liebling,
Ich wohne in Leverkusen fur sechs months zwanzig jahren ago, lol. Ich spreche keine Deutsch when I arrived (kind of like being deaf) aber ein bischen i learned and now remember. I prob dont make any sense...:laugh2:

Bottesini, I appreciate the link very much.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Back