intro from annakinn

annakinn

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to writing here, but I've been reading the pages for a while. I'm figuring out how to customize my profile and wall and write a bio about myself. Sorry it's so blah right now, but I'll get around to it!

I'm profound deaf, and I've had a CI since before I was 4, I'm 18 now. After graduation I'm going to take a year off before going to college and I plan to work for my father for part of the time and travel for part of the time. This year I'm working on a cross-disciplinary project for History/English and trying to track my family history of deafness through as many generations as I can and write about the differences each generation faced in terms of attitudes and education. I'm interviewing some of my family members, and my mother is a special education teacher, she teaches at a deaf school, and she'll be asking some older co-workers about their experiences. Has anyone here done a paper like this on their history? Did you find out anything surprising? I'm most interested in reading about the different ways people have been educated over the years, and I know there are many forums on that here, so basically just wanted to let you know why I'm lurking :) and say hello, nice to meet you.

Your opinions will carry a some weight in the CI debates. There are a group of parents that are making a bunch of noise about their young children that were implanted, but people that actually lived with it are a better source of experience.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back