Interpreter's salary

And you have no proof contray to contradict me nor was you there to see what I am saying. :giggle:

I know; isn't that funny; including trying to shore up the lie by saying a terp friend of yours told you that.....nah, not buying that.

Uh oh, that would make Jasin a party to a fraud! :shock:

I've known the college to require a student signature on a "roll" sheet to prove that the parties were present but I've never heard of them signing a time sheet that gets submitted to payroll or for invoicing.

The college is the employer, not the student. The terp's payroll or invoice information is none of the student's business.

Exactly! And yes, attendance sheet signatures are sometimes required, especially if a student has a habit of not showing up for class.:giggle: But as far as payroll or time sheets....the terp comes into the disability office and signs it, and the professor does as well. Students never see it.

What these interpreters are doing at the college I goto fits right into the definition of what fraud is.

Fraud: "The intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right."

law.com Law Dictionary

And if you are signing fraudulent time sheets, then you are guilty, as well.

What these interpreters are doing fits right into the definition of what fraud is.

Fraud: "The intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right."

law.com Law Dictionary

I don't know about this situation, but if the agreement was made with the college, and no contract with them has been broken, then it's not fraud. It's important to remember that.

You know, there is an option here. If the poster is so disenchanted with terps, he can always stop requesting one.

Yep, I said 9-11 or 8-11. Funny how you are still ignoring the 3 hour part though. No interpreter deserves to get paid for 3 hours of work working only 1.
No, I didn't ignore that. Read my response again.

You apparently haven't even noticed that you gave an inconsistent example, including "something like that." You really have no idea what you're talking about or else you would have given a more precise example.

Have you ever heard of the free market or contract negotiation? If the college thought that terps weren't worth their pay then they wouldn't agree to pay them that amount. Obviously, it's worth it to them, even if you don't agree.

Until you have to pay the terps out of your pocket, you really have no reason to complain.

I know; isn't that funny; including trying to shore up the lie by saying a terp friend of yours told you that.....nah, not buying that.

Methinks it is time to bring out the leather mallet again.:giggle:

Wow, a very interesting conversation going on while I am at a show during the NAD convention. All I can say is, students are almost never privy to the entire situation, and making unfounded accusations is not a good habit.

I don't know if reba is an interpreter, but if she is and she was interpreting for me she would of been fired on day 1. Which Is in my right to do. Her attitude towards me is in clear violation of the rid Code of Professional Conduct.

I don't know about this situation, but if the agreement was made with the college, and no contract with them has been broken, then it's not fraud. It's important to remember that.

Exactly. The student is not involved with the contractual agreement between university and terp.

I don't know if reba is an interpreter, but if she is and she was interpreting for me she would of been fired on day 1. Which Is in my right to do. Her attitude towards me is in clear violation of the rid Code of Professional Conduct.

There it is again. Blaming others for what you have brought on yourself.

And I doubt seriously that you know the RID code of professional conduct, much less if someone has violated it. I will personally vouch for the ethics of Reba.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

What these interpreters are doing at the college I goto fits right into the definition of what fraud is.

law.com Law Dictionary
If you believe they committed a fraud, and you knowingly signed the time sheet, then you too, have committed a fraud. Quit blowing smoke.

I can fire an interpreter and request another for any reason I see fit. Perfectly within my rights!

Back