Interpreter's salary

I mean "jasin". :giggle:

I disagree...there are so many comments that he makes that makes him appear to have a hatred of hearing people. There was one thread made to hearing people and why they are here on AD and one of his post showed his disain of hearing people clear as a bell.

No, I never said all...just those who refuse to understand a deaf person's perspective or ridicule the deaf person's perspectives of what it is like to be deaf.

Those people frustrate me cuz that would mean I would see more deaf children with language delays but that is a whole another topic itself.

:)

Exactly. And you know what is funny? When I called jasin on his attitude when he was complaining about the rudeness of all deaf people, he said that my post was evidence of the fact that all deaf people were rude. When I told him I wasn't deaf, all of a sudden I was a nasty hearie that didn't have a clue what I was talking about in any situation. :lol:

I rather to ask than making assumption on what jasin had meant by what he says on his posts. Sometimes I would say "hearing people" but it doesn't mean I'm speaking of all hearing people. It's best to ask then assuming. ;)

I rather to ask than making assumption on what jasin had meant by what he says on his posts. Sometimes I would say "hearing people" but it doesn't mean I'm speaking of all hearing people. It's best to ask then assuming. ;)

Several people have asked him for claification. His meaning is clear. And you are giving jasin a consideration that he refuses to give to others. Its great that you don't make assumptions without asking what he means. However, he constantly makes assumtptions about others that are, more often than not, completely incorrect.

your point is?

also, it is true that they dont understand but I dont play the deaf card.

Deaf card?

:::checking my wallet:::

Wait a minute! I don't have a deaf card and I'm deaf! Where do I apply for one? :lol:

Deaf card?

:::checking my wallet:::

Wait a minute! I don't have a deaf card and I'm deaf! Where do I apply for one? :lol:

You don't need one, dude! You have sufficient confidence to bypass the victim identification procedure.

Using a card as a metaphor to deny how bad it can be really is for deaf people, and making a joke out of it, your getting too close to mixing ridicule and denial. i believe there are some truth in how some d/Deaf plays the hollywood, but i don't buy all of it becuase there is as much truth in being fucked over

there ARE such things as being fucked over by cunning hearie
I have a question. Do you really think there are hearing people who are deviously out to get deaf people? I know there are cunning con artists out there, but do you think it is because the victim cannot hear, or just because the con artist is a con artist and they will trick anybody they can? This is a serious question, I'm trying to understand why you believe evil hearing people are out to get deaf people.

I have a question. Do you really think there are hearing people who are deviously out to get deaf people? I know there are cunning con artists out there, but do you think it is because the victim cannot hear, or just because the con artist is a con artist and they will trick anybody they can? This is a serious question, I'm trying to understand why you believe evil hearing people are out to get deaf people.

i dont know where you got 'evil' or 'con artist' from, and sorry, i will not answer to this stupid question.

No, they are different documents. If you have questions about the system, please ask. We will be happy to answer.

For instance, I have a document I sign when I get to the office, and when I leave the office. That is the roll sheet, or attendance sheet. Then I have a different document that I turn into the payroll office that is used to determine my pay. That is the time sheet. It is signed by me and my supervisor.

Same procedures are done here in Ed. system only one thing is diffrent the goverment DOSENOT pay well and on time an interpreter in Puerto Rico CAN NOT live on 6.91 hrs and work with more than one student especialy if their in different grades. Sorry for buting in.

Back