Interpreter service

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this is an american forum, but I must say and rant for the sake of it :mad2:

I was informed from one of my deaf friends and one of the local interpreters and wants my support because I am very strong in this situation. The manager of the ACTIS (Australian Captial Terrority Interpreter Service) and was the only one interpreter in the city, has called it quits and didnt say why but I can tell it is because of the CEO of the deaf service above ACTIS, and he is the most worse CEO ever met, and he is HoH himself and doesn't care about the deaf community, mostly focused on hearing -impaired community apart of the other. And was very constructive on what is going on in the ACTIS, you all know about the Code of Ethics and this man demands to know everything....

...and guess what, this service has NO interpreters in the service anymore. We have no service but we do via different service agency where is located in Sydney, which is 3 hours away from us.

...Question -- do you think it is very very stupid of him to demand everything about the interpreter's position? For myself and the sake of others, this is deep.

Back