Interpreter required get license by Law

ideafspy

Reaction score
I want to input the post. I met the lady and that she is hearing herself and includes she have both deaf parents. She involved many community and push the state recognized the Deaf Community. She did successful with state that require by law that educate or college to get interpreter with 3rd level or above in 2000 and which its effected 2004 to 2006 by done with law effective.

She shared with me while I went some event about interpreter and CDI. It is interesting but want share what you think since she mention , “some were disagree about it.”

I hope to get some answer from interpreter. She try to proper to state and create to bill and pass the law. Since there are eleven state already passed law and require the interpreter to get license. So the state can get interpreters or allow interpreting to client or school/college that required to have license and not only itself to have degree. If the interpreter doesn’t have license and interpreting to client or anywhere that will get fines somewhere $ 250 - $ 3,000 dollars either jail for how many days not sure 3 or 30 days or get both fines and jail.

Do you agree and support that idea to have interpreter get license and its sound like interpreter belong to state as pet to get tag.

Yes, PA implenented the Act 57 law and it passed and effective on July 1, 2005. All certified interpreters must register with state of PA. Roughly only 180 certified interpreters are available in PA.

For information on Act 57
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER AND TRANSLITERATOR STATE REGISTRATION ACT

I admit that I am apalled about one interpreter got certified recently, she signed poorly and her receptive skills are horrible. Whoever certified her is an idiot!

Yes, PA implenented the Act 57 law and it passed and effective on July 1, 2005. All certified interpreters must register with state of PA. Roughly only 180 certified interpreters are available in PA.
!

Wow 180 in one state? :eek2:

Across Canada there are 40 certified interpreters!! Thats it

I have been thinking about entering the interpreter program. I think it would be amazing

Wow 180 in one state? :eek2:

Across Canada there are 40 certified interpreters!! Thats it

I have been thinking about entering the interpreter program. I think it would be amazing

only 40 for all of Canada !! thats insane thats only like 4 per provence and that not including the teritoryies , that cant be right their has to be more people signing then are registerd. hear in NY ther has to be a ton because of NTID and RIT and I have met tons of terps I guess those 40 have to travle a lot just to fill the nead.

only 40 for all of Canada !! thats insane thats only like 4 per provence and that not including the teritoryies , that cant be right their has to be more people signing then are registerd. hear in NY ther has to be a ton because of NTID and RIT and I have met tons of terps I guess those 40 have to travle a lot just to fill the nead.
There are LOTS of interpreters in Canada. You can view the AVLIC membership list online (it's Canada's version of RID) and there are LOTS of interpreters. I don't know how many of them are certified, maybe there are only 40 certified, but there are lots of interpreters.

I understand what you mean about whoever certified her. It mean someone who is Deaf accept her as certified while taking test. Blame whoever that Deaf idiot not her.

I admit that I am apalled about one interpreter got certified recently, she signed poorly and her receptive skills are horrible. Whoever certified her is an idiot!

There are LOTS of interpreters in Canada. You can view the AVLIC membership list online (it's Canada's version of RID) and there are LOTS of interpreters. I don't know how many of them are certified, maybe there are only 40 certified, but there are lots of interpreters.

You are right, lots of interpreters but only 40 are certified

Back