Interpreter in Training

DivingDiva

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm currently about half way through the interpreting program in Jacksonville. I'm looking at moving towards Jupiter/WPB, FL when I finish. Does anyone know about the deaf community there? Also, I'm always up for making new friends and deaf contacts around here. I attend RCAD events and most coffee chats!

Stephanie

welcome aboard, steph.

no idea about florida. do you do some divings?

yup.. I love to Scuba Dive. That is why I'm looking to move down to Palm Beach county in a year or two.. figure it wouldn't hurt to start networking!! :) Anyone else dive?

Hey all. I'm currently about half way through the interpreting program in Jacksonville. I'm looking at moving towards Jupiter/WPB, FL when I finish. Does anyone know about the deaf community there? Also, I'm always up for making new friends and deaf contacts around here. I attend RCAD events and most coffee chats!

Stephanie

Wow I'm living in Jacksonville, FL too! :wave: interpreter in training...fascinating. :hmm:

Fascinating eh? Right now it's a bunch of work that is kicking my behind!! hahahaha.. what do you do here?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am glad you are in Interpreter Training so that you can help us Deafies and HOH(Hard Of Hearies) to understand what hearing people are saying. Go for it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

yup.. I love to Scuba Dive. That is why I'm looking to move down to Palm Beach county in a year or two.. figure it wouldn't hurt to start networking!! :) Anyone else dive?
ooh that's different diving I thought of - skydiving and/or diving team! but ah, scuba ... sounds fun. I've always wanted to learn how. did you do snuba before?

Used to live in WPB and don't know about a deaf community there. It's been 12 years since I left there. Welcome to AllDeaf. I do know the scuba diving in the Juno/Jupiter area around Blowing Rocks is beautiful. Done that one myself, just snorkeling.:wave:

I used to scuba dive several times per week. I am single parenting now so it's hard to go out because childcare is expensive and hard to find. If you ever come to BC Canada, I will show you all of the best sites!!! :D

Enjoy us, :]

Freckles, you must TRY SCUBA and snorkel as well.

best of scuba or snorkel places to go: KEY WEST, FLORIDA!

Back