Interpreter in OKC Needed

kambric

Reaction score
Howdy! I will be appearing at Full Circle Books in OKC on Sunday, April 15th from 2:00 - 3:30PM for a book signing and reading and Q&A.

While I am fluent in ASL, I can't read from my book & sign at the same time. Plus, I think there will be hearing / non-ASL folks there, too. I'd like to hire an interpreter to help at the event. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Here's the link to Full Circle Book's info on the event:
Kambri Crews - Author of 'Burn Down the Ground: A Memoir', Full Circle Bookstore, Oklahoma City | Wimgo

Hope you're able to get something set up.

Here you need to book 3-6weeks minimum in advance in order to get an interpreter.

Whoa! Why so far in advance? Guess I might have to do it myself.

Good luck. If you have trouble getting one in time, send me a PM - I *might* be able to ask around and find someone willing to interpret depending on the pay (I live in Norman, OK).

Thank you! And I have cousins in Edmond and OKC that might be able to help in a pinch, though they aren't pro interpreters they could help for sure.

Looks like I've got the ball rolling and should be okay. Thanks everyone!

Here you need to book 3-6weeks minimum in advance in order to get an interpreter.

Only in Canada :laugh2:

Here in San Francisco you can get interpreter within 24 hours.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

authentic said:

Only in Canada :laugh2:

Here in San Francisco you can get interpreter within 24 hours.

In an emergency it's different, but for casual (non medical etc) type interpreting it's not uncommon to have to book 3 or more weeks in advance throught out MOST of Canada & the USA. (I've lived in Canada and the USA and booked interpreters in both)

If you live in an area with a surplus of interpreters, great - but it's not the norm.

Pam at SLRSINC.com is helping me...she didn't seem daunted by the 10 day advance notice so hopefully it won't be a problem getting an interpreter that day. We shall see!

Kimberly King from SLRS served as my 'terp and was awesome! The event was a huge success much in part to her helping hands. Thanks for helping out!

Back