Interpeters in Moscow Russia

RichardDeaf

Reaction score
Does anyone know any ASL/ESL interpeter in Moscow Russia?

I know it is very rare, and very hard to find ASL/ESL interpreters in Moscow, Russia, because of many Russian ASL/ESL interpreters work in the New York City, and few other big cities. I am sorry to say this, but if you plan to visit Moscow, Russia, you would have to hire one from New York City, or few other big cities to travel with you. I know it would not be that cheap.

Personally, I don't know of any ASL/ESL interpreters who are in Moscow but however, I have a friend who is an interpreter here who happens to be married to a guy who hails from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (a country that once belonged to Russia) She lived there for a while as well with her husband. The terp's cousin works with me, so I can ask the cousin to relay the message tomorrow at work. When I hear something from her, I'll let you know.

I am not heading to Moscow, I have a friend recently moved to Moscow and will have a job interview this week, so I asked him about interpeter but he doesnt know anyone in the city.. So I figured I would ask here.

I know it is very rare, and very hard to find ASL/ESL interpreters in Moscow, Russia, because of many Russian ASL/ESL interpreters work in the New York City, and few other big cities. I am sorry to say this, but if you plan to visit Moscow, Russia, you would have to hire one from New York City, or few other big cities to travel with you. I know it would not be that cheap.

I am not heading to Moscow, I have a friend recently moved to Moscow and will have a job interview this week, so I asked him about interpeter but he doesnt know anyone in the city.. So I figured I would ask here.
Your friend is deaf and uses ASL? What language will he be using at his new job?

I am surprised that your friend wants to work in Moscow.

My deaf friend was born in Russia. He came and became U.S. Citizen when he was 25 years old. He is happy that he works in U.S. because of better salary. He is still learning in English. There were many poor services for the deaf people after the Communism collapsed in the late 1980's.

My Russian teacher at NTID knows someone who signs in English - maybe ASL. We had the ASL interpreter in our group in Russia. Actually, I haven't seen my teacher for a long time.

Yes.. He has CI and can talk voice to people.. I was told the interview would be in English.. he can read/speak fairly ok.

Your friend is deaf and uses ASL? What language will he be using at his new job?

He will be working for "America" owned companies in russia as programmer. He will more likely to get full salary like most counterpart in USA.

He met some Russian deafs but very hard to communication due to they were signing RSL... Funny thing is that he told me he had to sign like "caveman" to communicate with others. I looked it up for manual finger signs for russian, omg, finger spelling is completely different!!! No wonder its hard to communicate between RSL and ASL!!!

I am surprised that your friend wants to work in Moscow.

My deaf friend was born in Russia. He came and became U.S. Citizen when he was 25 years old. He is happy that he works in U.S. because of better salary. He is still learning in English. There were many poor services for the deaf people after the Communism collapsed in the late 1980's.

My Russian teacher at NTID knows someone who signs in English - maybe ASL. We had the ASL interpreter in our group in Russia. Actually, I haven't seen my teacher for a long time.

That's interesting! I would love go travel to Russia someday. I have 1 friend coming from in Russia. RSL is very complex. The abc letters are very tough! My mom told me the Russian speak like a funny sound. I want to meet with deaf and hoh Russian people someday. I know the country is very poor! Why it's so biggest country than other countries in the world. Our America is 3rd larger. Canada is 2nd.

Moscow is not cheap to live there.. The city is one of most expensive city to live in the world from what I was told (Just like New York City).. But some stuffs are CHEAP to buy there. My friend rented an apartment, that is size about normal hotel room with small kitchin and bathroom, for about $1000/mo. Worse thing is that he is staying on 5th floor with *NO* working elevator!!! Poor him!

Ukraine is cheap place to live as most people earn about $600 USD a month and large families lives under one house.

That's interesting! I would love go travel to Russia someday. I have 1 friend coming from in Russia. RSL is very complex. The abc letters are very tough! My mom told me the Russian speak like a funny sound. I want to meet with deaf and hoh Russian people someday. I know the country is very poor! Why it's so biggest country than other countries in the world. Our America is 3rd larger. Canada is 2nd.

Wow! That's so strange! Why is the country very poor? Is that bad economy coming from there? Have you even travel to Russia or used to live in?? I am interesting to know about Russia. It sound like Moscow's apt rent price same as California's. My ophthalmologist's dad was coming from in Ukraine. Because of her last name is so complex. I like Ukraine because it's beautiful in Black Sea and many beautiful macrame on bikini and fashion clothes near by the beach.

You mean in the 5 floors without an elevator?? Ohh NO! That's suck! I didn't want to live there. I rather visit to Russia that all. I want to go Ukraine too. I know all about Russia's old Soviet countries. It's new 14 countries became an independent from USSR.

Moscow is not cheap to live there.. The city is one of most expensive city to live in the world from what I was told (Just like New York City).. But some stuffs are CHEAP to buy there. My friend rented an apartment, that is size about normal hotel room with small kitchin and bathroom, for about $1000/mo. Worse thing is that he is staying on 5th floor with *NO* working elevator!!! Poor him!

Ukraine is cheap place to live as most people earn about $600 USD a month and large families lives under one house.

Wow! That's so strange! Why is the country very poor? Is that bad economy coming from there? Have you even travel to Russia or used to live in?? I am interesting to know about Russia. It sound like Moscow's apt rent price same as California's. My ophthalmologist's dad was coming from in Ukraine. Because of her last name is so complex. I like Ukraine because it's beautiful in Black Sea and many beautiful macrame on bikini and fashion clothes near by the beach.

You mean in the 5 floors without an elevator?? Ohh NO! That's suck! I didn't want to live there. I rather visit to Russia that all. I want to go Ukraine too. I know all about Russia's old Soviet countries. It's new 14 countries became an independent from USSR.

I have visited on a beach of Black Sea. There are many rocks on the beach in Tisbi? (in Georgia, Russia). I feel like that I am a sort of in Chicago of Michigan Lake (i.e. Great Lakes - one of five lakes).

Ukraine is a huge place - probably the size of Texas. I have heard that both Ukraine and some parts of Africa have the highest crime of scam businesses in the world.

Really? That's interesting. Yeah I know where is Tbilisi, Georgia near to Russia. The capital Tbilisi isn't close to Black Sea. Did you go there?? Can you tell me why you go there for?? I just curious. :) I love go to Great Lakes! I live 1 half hours away from Lake Michigan. I live 1 half hours away from Lake Erie.

I didn't know about Ukraine is crime as Africa. My old psychologist's parent were born in Russia. He and his wife travel to Baltic Sea to St. Petersburg, Russia. He told me that Russian people really hate American. I am not surprise that! St. Petersburg and Moscow are crime of Mafia.

My old friend was born in Arkhangel'sk, Russia. It's Northeast close to Arctic Sea. I heard she is not live there anymore. She moved to South Russia. I haven't hear from her for long times. :(

I have other my friends from church. Her native of Latvia. I ate a Latvian's dessert. It taste like low sugar. It's so delicious! I am interesting about Soviet Union. :)

I love to travel around the Europe in future! I want to touch 1,000 countries and cities before I die.

I have visited on a beach of Black Sea. There are many rocks on the beach in Tisbi? (in Georgia, Russia). I feel like that I am a sort of in Chicago of Michigan Lake (i.e. Great Lakes - one of five lakes).

Ukraine is a huge place - probably the size of Texas. I have heard that both Ukraine and some parts of Africa have the highest crime of scam businesses in the world.

Personally, I don't know of any ASL/ESL interpreters who are in Moscow but however, I have a friend who is an interpreter here who happens to be married to a guy who hails from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (a country that once belonged to Russia) She lived there for a while as well with her husband. The terp's cousin works with me, so I can ask the cousin to relay the message tomorrow at work. When I hear something from her, I'll let you know.

An update - I apologize for this overdue response. The terp said it is fairly difficult to find an ASL/ESL terp in Moscow. As of now, She doesn't personally know of any terps over there in Moscow.

Really? That's interesting. Yeah I know where is Tbilisi, Georgia near to Russia. The capital Tbilisi isn't close to Black Sea. Did you go there?? Can you tell me why you go there for?? I just curious. :) I love go to Great Lakes! I live 1 half hours away from Lake Michigan. I live 1 half hours away from Lake Erie.

I didn't know about Ukraine is crime as Africa. My old psychologist's parent were born in Russia. He and his wife travel to Baltic Sea to St. Petersburg, Russia. He told me that Russian people really hate American. I am not surprise that! St. Petersburg and Moscow are crime of Mafia.

My old friend was born in Arkhangel'sk, Russia. It's Northeast close to Arctic Sea. I heard she is not live there anymore. She moved to South Russia. I haven't hear from her for long times. :(

I have other my friends from church. Her native of Latvia. I ate a Latvian's dessert. It taste like low sugar. It's so delicious! I am interesting about Soviet Union. :)

I love to travel around the Europe in future! I want to touch 1,000 countries and cities before I die.

Yes, I went to Tbilisi, Georgia before a couple of months Communism went down. You are correct that it is Tbilisi. I had a wonderful time there. We were on the train from near Moscow (???) to Tbilisi for one whole day. At that time, we were not allowed to photo them, and even at the train stations. I saw many beautiful places with a lot of mountains and perhaps rivers. I also went to the Black Sea, but I can't remember what city that I went. It could be Sochi.

Today, I had to look up on a Google map and was disappointed that there was no festival site on the mountain right near the city - especially the old fashion wheel rides. Some young Russians invited us to ride on the wheel, and we knew that it was not safe because we saw many rust poles, but it wasn't that bad. It was my pleasure to meet many deaf Russians, and we were able to understand and use our body language. I was surprised that our both deaf cultures with body language are better communication than Russian hearing people. Isn't that irony...

I joined with 30 NTID students and some staffs for the trip, and we wanted to learn their culture. We travelled many cities in Russia for two weeks. If you go to Russia, you should not drink water there. The staff drank the water, and she was very sick for 6 days, and half of her vacation was ruined. We had to drink sodas instead of water.

Some young Russian people love to see your $1.00 American dollars. I brought 20 of $1 for the kids, and they loved it. I also gave away two jeans because it was expensive there at the time. I have no idea how much it changed after the Communism's collapse. I gave many Hershey bars for the little kids. One man seriously begged me to give him my shoes, and I refused him. He tried to give me a lot of money. I can't do that because the security at the airport asked us to show our money before leaving the country. I was lucky that my friends helped me to get away from him. Whew! That was pretty scary.

Good luck with your 1,000 trips if possible! :)

Yeah Sochi is at Black Sea. My artist teacher from my school. He told me about his trip to Moscow, Russia and stayed there for 1 month. He was graduated from NTID. Why Russia Train is not allow to take a picture?? It's so bummed! I love to take a picture.

How about Russia have a water bottle there?? I don't like to drink any foreign water. I prefer to drink a water bottle. It cost 1,000 dollar on Trip to Russia?? It's not bad. I want to wait until in future. Do you like to eat a Bosch Soup from Russia? I want to learn about countries culture. I bet Russian kids are adorable!

The strange man tried to beg your shoes?? He must be poor. I don't like anyone to beg me to give someone a shoes. It's bacteria and germ. It's not good! I know a little of Russia's ABC sign language. It's so complex! Have you even drink Russian's vodka and beers??

Yes, I went to Tbilisi, Georgia before a couple of months Communism went down. You are correct that it is Tbilisi. I had a wonderful time there. We were on the train from near Moscow (???) to Tbilisi for one whole day. At that time, we were not allowed to photo them, and even at the train stations. I saw many beautiful places with a lot of mountains and perhaps rivers. I also went to the Black Sea, but I can't remember what city that I went. It could be Sochi.

Today, I had to look up on a Google map and was disappointed that there was no festival site on the mountain right near the city - especially the old fashion wheel rides. Some young Russians invited us to ride on the wheel, and we knew that it was not safe because we saw many rust poles, but it wasn't that bad. It was my pleasure to meet many deaf Russians, and we were able to understand and use our body language. I was surprised that our both deaf cultures with body language are better communication than Russian hearing people. Isn't that irony...

I joined with 30 NTID students and some staffs for the trip, and we wanted to learn their culture. We travelled many cities in Russia for two weeks. If you go to Russia, you should not drink water there. The staff drank the water, and she was very sick for 6 days, and half of her vacation was ruined. We had to drink sodas instead of water.

Some young Russian people love to see your $1.00 American dollars. I brought 20 of $1 for the kids, and they loved it. I also gave away two jeans because it was expensive there at the time. I have no idea how much it changed after the Communism's collapse. I gave many Hershey bars for the little kids. One man seriously begged me to give him my shoes, and I refused him. He tried to give me a lot of money. I can't do that because the security at the airport asked us to show our money before leaving the country. I was lucky that my friends helped me to get away from him. Whew! That was pretty scary.

Good luck with your 1,000 trips if possible! :)

Checking with my Russian-born friend, the story is the same as authentic's. After pressure from me for a "best chance" solution, he'd recommended one of those missionary/church groups who might have an American-based sign language speaker who is fluent in Russian.

I want to learn how to use RSL. Is that easy to learn it fast?? I am member of church. I want to be on missionary for travel to other countries. i prefer with group who is deaf missionary. I don't like to go alone.

Checking with my Russian-born friend, the story is the same as authentic's. After pressure from me for a "best chance" solution, he'd recommended one of those missionary/church groups who might have an American-based sign language speaker who is fluent in Russian.

Back