Internet Relay in Canada ???

hugoboss84

Reaction score
when will IP Relay come to Canada ? I have been waiting since last summer, and heard that around Jan 2007, some company would be launching services for internet relay. Anyone from Canada in here ? I am really desperate to get this working, as Nextalk program doesn't seem to work for Canada. Thanks!

I understand what you mean, but you still can't use ip relay any from USA? Such as MCI, i711, Sorenson IP Relay and other what is left that I didn't add.

I understand what you mean and I feel bad for UK, they recent shut down the Video Relay in UK last month due lack funding. Wish, I can do something to give some money and help them out since we are lucky be in USA. I didn't mean sound brag or insulting. It is something that we, USA, need fund for another who need like what we current have right now.

Wish I had answer for you.. don't lose your hope...

when will IP Relay come to Canada ? I have been waiting since last summer, and heard that around Jan 2007, some company would be launching services for internet relay. Anyone from Canada in here ? I am really desperate to get this working, as Nextalk program doesn't seem to work for Canada. Thanks!

Since you Canadian got free health care, Why not here in America, eh?

I hope you get my point...

Really, these Relay services in America is funded by US taxpayers, same way as Canadian health care is paid by Canada taxpayer as well.

The best and most viable solution is to march and protest against your country government. There isn't much we can do but as role model how successful relay is.

its nothing to do with the free health care policy or whatever. technological developments are quite rapid in USA, and I only wished Canada being a neighbor should be able to avail of some benefits as well. I have approached a lot of societies regarding this, its just that Sprint was actually going to start the services, but stopped due to some reasons. I think because of lack of funding or something like that, or lack of awareness of this internet service among the public.

oh yea, i use internet relay extensively for the US, but not Canada.

I think it's both a lack of awareness, lack of demand and a lack of funding, up here in Canada. There is a telephone relay service, but I don't think it's very good. In the US there are what, appx 8% hard of hearing and 2% Deaf? That's several millions of you guys! Up here in Canada the same percentages only equate to just over half of one million. So I can see why they are reluctant to expand up here.

Which is funny because I work for Nordia in Montreal, Quebec, Canada... we do California Relay as well as i711.com......

Yes they both are related! Both of them are funded by taxpayers! No difference. it is all about
M O N E Y!

its nothing to do with the free health care policy or whatever. technological developments are quite rapid in USA, and I only wished Canada being a neighbor should be able to avail of some benefits as well. I have approached a lot of societies regarding this, its just that Sprint was actually going to start the services, but stopped due to some reasons. I think because of lack of funding or something like that, or lack of awareness of this internet service among the public.

oh yea, i use internet relay extensively for the US, but not Canada.

Since you Canadian got free health care, Why not here in America, eh?

I hope you get my point...

Really, these Relay services in America is funded by US taxpayers, same way as Canadian health care is paid by Canada taxpayer as well.

The best and most viable solution is to march and protest against your country government. There isn't much we can do but as role model how successful relay is.

LOL you got it wrong. I am from Alberta, Canada and here in this province we don't get free health care, we pay same as US.

Oh really? I thought it covers entire country? If your right, then it must be sucks!

LOL you got it wrong. I am from Alberta, Canada and here in this province we don't get free health care, we pay same as US.

Oh really? I thought it covers entire country? If your right, then it must be sucks!

It is because Alberta is only province that have no province tax, other provinces have taxes. Alberta is oil and gas rich and we don't pay province tax.

Back