Interesting Project

Kellysaurus

Reaction score
Hello hello!

I'm not entirely sure how active everyone is on here, but I joined because I am an ASL 2 student and I've always wanted to actively participate with both other students and the deaf community. :3

Anyway! I'm working on a project that is supposed to be a 10 minute long video, and everything I've put together is only about 5 minutes. :c

My teacher wants us to sign about deaf community/culture. My whole class is well educated on it by now, as ASL 1 was basically 4 months of information. So, I wanted to add a twist.

Instead of signing about general facts/misunderstandings, I wanted them to be fun. Interesting things that maybe aren't included in everyday knowledge, but still holds a lot of respect to the deaf community.

If anyone knows cool facts, let me know! I wanna make this project great.

One of the more coolest factors to research would be whether vehicles with turbocharged engine is popular in Deaf community and whether a person being deaf would factor into whether they would be more or less likely to drive something turbocharged because of their hearing loss.

Does turbo make such terrible sound that being deaf would make a person happy to enjoy turbo. You know, feel the power to go fast without feeling sound. Or would you wish to feel the sound of turbo VROOOMing while you floor the gas and feel the power>???

Plus, you may want to research why the Deaf are addicted to Coffee, and our obessesion with clapping cats and signing ferrets.

Back