Interesting observation

BearBeauty

Reaction score
I have a rather interesting observation to make about my single male friends..

I'm asked every so often if my female friends are cute. Why?

One of my friends said it's cuz men figure that the girls I hang out with may be like me in some respects.

My question is.. but shouldn't they also figure I am not a man.. therefore I don't see women the same way as a guy does?

I'm a straight woman. therefore I don't look at appearances. I look at personality. But I get the feeling most of them are looking at appearance, not personality.

Any thoughts on this?

You know if someone is physically attractive or not, regardless of your gender.

I have had that happen to me severaltimes. Sometimes, I tell them that I wouldn't know, other times I tell them "yea, they have classic looks like Cameron Dias ..tall leggy blondes" then they wud know that I am not being serious...lol

I tell them they have to find out on their own. LOL!

I have a rather interesting observation to make about my single male friends..

I'm asked every so often if my female friends are cute. Why?

One of my friends said it's cuz men figure that the girls I hang out with may be like me in some respects.

My question is.. but shouldn't they also figure I am not a man.. therefore I don't see women the same way as a guy does?

I'm a straight woman. therefore I don't look at appearances. I look at personality. But I get the feeling most of them are looking at appearance, not personality.

i wonder - how old are you? no offense but in your last paragraph, it indicates that you're older like 35 years and up. it means that you're getting wiser to the game.

appearance? i just asked my 18 years old stepsister -- i was told by my buddies that she's a pretty woman -- i asked her - what quality she's looking for in men. know what response i got from her? appearance. it's common and standard response i got from young women [18 - 30 years old]. so why point the finger at men? i am just wondering.

here's my two tokens - there is no difference between men and women in choosing their mates. none whatsoever. anyway, maybe your buddies want to know your opinion of women before they can give any thoughts on women you befriend with? i sometimes asked my good friend about her opinions of women that i liked to see if i have chosen right woman.

I'm actually 27. it's just that I don't understand why male friends ask me if my female friends are cute, when they know i don't see my female friends that way.

It's a simple enough question........
Speaking as a guy.....it's often a subtle hint (or not so subtle) asking you if any cute friends are interested in dating....and perhaps you can set it up for me. etc etc.
And yes we hear the complaints....but many gals are interested in appearances......looks/fitness/clothes/CAR ha ha had to throw that one in there. And yes the biggest appearance is DRUMROLL*......THE FATNESS OF A MAN'S WALLET*
yeah sure get pissed and rant but it's true in many cases.
back to the post
it's a hint that he wants you to set him up with one of your cute friends.
And yes both genders know what a cute woman looks like.
ultimate in cute? maybe Kelly Ripa whoaa lol
little vixen

Back