Interactive books for auditory training?

dlandsberger

Reaction score
I am looking to find a good interactive book for adults that could be used for auditory training. My inspiration are the Dr. Seuss iPhone / iPad apps where the book is presented while the story is read by a clear speaker. I would imagine that a similar concept with more grown up material might be very interesting and useful for auditory training.

Does anyone know of a product that fits this description? The best I have come up with is to get an audiobook and a print book to use together. Surely there must be a better and more elegant solution somewhere.

Thanks,
David

Well, for starters, I tried listening to video podcasts on my Ipod Touch, such as White House news service to Anderson Cooper to Sanjay Gupta. They are not really captioned (because I have an old Ipod), but they are good for auditory rehab.

I have tried getting an audiobook and a reading book, but the speaker goes on too fast that I get lost and don't know where he/she is speaking on what page. The best thing others have recommended to me is the Amazon Kindle. Most books you download also contain a voice component that reads the entire book to you while you are reading. I tried it and liked it, but the speaker's voice is not natural for book-reading. I have also heard of the Voice-over functionality on the Ipad, but I don't know how effective it is. Given the fact iBooks on iPad has a much smaller collection than Kindle, it is also possible many books on iBooks dont have a voice component (probably the publisher or author declined to release the voice part for copyright reasons).

I am also looking out for good auditory rehab resources...

Back