intelligent people more prone to use drugs - here's why ...

Have you tried eating it, cooking it in a nice oil, baking it into a cookie or brownie? Ect
Eating it is the best for pain relief .
I'll burn a fatty for you, Canuck bud called pucky

No, because I'm a terrible cook. I can barely make French toast, let alone bake special brownies or anything, but I'd love to try them..lol

Saavik, sadly you can't use your medical marijuana cards outside of the state that you got them in. Some states have the most ridiculous limiting medical marijuana policies. Some won't let you take it for chronic pain unless that pain is from cancer or problems with MS, and I think glaucoma is another "accepted" health condition. I've looked at the set ups various states have when they "legalize" medical marijuana. Have you seen Maryland's rules? It was passed last year but they won't be able to get any to the people until probably 2016. The reason for that is that they only will allow it to be used through hospitals with research programs or academic hospitals. The two big ones in the state, Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland have turned down participation in the program they are setting up. I fail to see how this program is going to help people, as where you can get it is so limited and you have to be a patient where the program is (you can't just have your own doctor write a prescription). They obviously want to control where the pot is going, but there is such a thing as over control. DC is struggling to get people to use the dispensary, because of overly strict rules (only four conditions are allowed to get pot and you have to register with the health department first). Even though Illinois' program isn't working yet (they are getting it in order first) they at least cover over 20 conditions.

Oh, and I just checked up on MD. They've taken out that stupid academic medical center requirement, but they will require doctors to be licensed to recommend pot, and they think it will be available in 15 months.

VA is all sorts of ****ed up when it comes to medical marijuana, Saavik. There isn't anyone to advocate for it in the state government and this moronic delegate has put forth a bill to repeal the law. The law doesn't work anyway, as it requires doctors to prescribe marijuana and you can't prescribe it. In the states with medical marijuana programs, the doctors recommend it, not prescribe it.

yeah too much heat...

too much heat makes one sizzle like an egg on a sidewalk.

I mentally cannot cope with that much heat on me I would have gone postal

lol

Sorry for having to live on a very straight edged part of the world.

0129e8fb718fc41740cf664becef1f282c4543783384a1629de08bf965095c0e.jpg

Hmmm, FBI is bending the drug policy on new hires....

FBI Weighs Looser Pot Rules for New Hires - WSJ.com

U.S. NEWS
FBI Weighs Looser Pot Rules for New Hires
Bureau Needs Computer-Savvy People Skilled at Fighting Cybercrime

By CHARLES LEVINSON CONNECT
May 20, 2014 7:28 p.m. ET
As the FBI tries to beef up its ranks to take on hackers and cybercriminals, it's reconsidering changing its no-pot strategy. WSJ's Charles Levinson reports on Lunch Break with Tanya Rivero. Photo: Getty.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has long had a clear policy on marijuana: It doesn't hire anyone who has smoked it in the previous three years.

But the bureau is rethinking that stance, according to FBI Director James B. Comey, who addressed the issue at an annual conference in New York on Monday.

Mr. Comey said that the FBI may have to loosen up its stance in order to attract talented new agents, especially those equipped to go after some of the world's most sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals. He spoke on the same day that the Justice Department indicted five Chinese army officers, alleging they hacked into U.S. companies' computers, a charge that Beijing denied.

Congress has authorized the FBI to add 2,000 personnel to its rolls this year, and many of those new recruits will be assigned to tackle cybercrimes, a growing priority for the agency. That is a problem, said Mr. Comey, as a lot of the nation's top computer programmers and hacking gurus are also fond of marijuana.

"I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cybercriminals, and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview," Mr. Comey said. He added that the agency was now "grappling" with how to amend its marijuana policies.

Director James B. Comey says the FBI needs to hire cybersavvy agents. European Pressphoto Agency
With two states having recently legalized marijuana use, the FBI isn't alone in having to reconsider its attitudes toward the plant. In January, National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league would consider allowing medical marijuana usage by players if medical experts recommended it.

The FBI last relaxed its marijuana policy in 2007, when it shelved rules that disqualified anyone who had used marijuana more than 15 times in their lives, in favor of the three-year rule. For other illicit substances, the bureau bans any use for the previous 10 years, according to the FBI's website.

The FBI has one of the toughest hiring policies when it comes to drug use of any agency in the federal government. The Central Intelligence Agency, by contrast, only requires applicants to forgo drug use for 12 months before applying to the agency, according to the CIA's website.

The CIA says on its website that "illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing."

One conference attendee on Monday asked Mr. Comey about a friend who had shied away from applying because of the policy. "He should go ahead and apply," despite the marijuana use, Mr. Comey said.

Write to Charles Levinson at charles.levinson@wsj.com

Hmmm, FBI is bending the drug policy on new hires....

FBI Weighs Looser Pot Rules for New Hires - WSJ.com

U.S. NEWS
FBI Weighs Looser Pot Rules for New Hires
Bureau Needs Computer-Savvy People Skilled at Fighting Cybercrime

By CHARLES LEVINSON CONNECT
May 20, 2014 7:28 p.m. ET
As the FBI tries to beef up its ranks to take on hackers and cybercriminals, it's reconsidering changing its no-pot strategy. WSJ's Charles Levinson reports on Lunch Break with Tanya Rivero. Photo: Getty.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has long had a clear policy on marijuana: It doesn't hire anyone who has smoked it in the previous three years.

But the bureau is rethinking that stance, according to FBI Director James B. Comey, who addressed the issue at an annual conference in New York on Monday.

Mr. Comey said that the FBI may have to loosen up its stance in order to attract talented new agents, especially those equipped to go after some of the world's most sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals. He spoke on the same day that the Justice Department indicted five Chinese army officers, alleging they hacked into U.S. companies' computers, a charge that Beijing denied.

Congress has authorized the FBI to add 2,000 personnel to its rolls this year, and many of those new recruits will be assigned to tackle cybercrimes, a growing priority for the agency. That is a problem, said Mr. Comey, as a lot of the nation's top computer programmers and hacking gurus are also fond of marijuana.

"I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cybercriminals, and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview," Mr. Comey said. He added that the agency was now "grappling" with how to amend its marijuana policies.

Director James B. Comey says the FBI needs to hire cybersavvy agents. European Pressphoto Agency
With two states having recently legalized marijuana use, the FBI isn't alone in having to reconsider its attitudes toward the plant. In January, National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league would consider allowing medical marijuana usage by players if medical experts recommended it.

The FBI last relaxed its marijuana policy in 2007, when it shelved rules that disqualified anyone who had used marijuana more than 15 times in their lives, in favor of the three-year rule. For other illicit substances, the bureau bans any use for the previous 10 years, according to the FBI's website.

The FBI has one of the toughest hiring policies when it comes to drug use of any agency in the federal government. The Central Intelligence Agency, by contrast, only requires applicants to forgo drug use for 12 months before applying to the agency, according to the CIA's website.

The CIA says on its website that "illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing."

One conference attendee on Monday asked Mr. Comey about a friend who had shied away from applying because of the policy. "He should go ahead and apply," despite the marijuana use, Mr. Comey said.

Write to Charles Levinson at charles.levinson@wsj.com
just a slight correction for accuracy purpose - FBI Weighs Looser Pot Rules for Hiring Hackers

Back