Instant Messaging

dawn

Reaction score
Just wanted to share. Earlier today I was online and my yahoo messenger wanted to know if it was ok that someone called patrickdriscoll66 could im me. I never heard of this person so I decided to let him and try to find out who he is. He kept asking me how old I am, which was the big tip off that he was up to no good. Well, I finally found out that he got my messenger name from this site. I'm not sure if he really was a deaf person or just making it up, but he is NOT a member of this site. I also had to suffer the indignity of him using his webcam to show me he was naked, all the while blowing kisses to me. Now, I'm sure I wouldn't mind speaking to quite a few of the people here, but this really crossed the line. I just want to warn other unsuspecting women and maybe some of the men, beware when patrickdriscoll comes calling! :barf:

dawn said:
Just wanted to share. Earlier today I was online and my yahoo messenger wanted to know if it was ok that someone called patrickdriscoll66 could im me. I never heard of this person so I decided to let him and try to find out who he is. He kept asking me how old I am, which was the big tip off that he was up to no good. Well, I finally found out that he got my messenger name from this site. I'm not sure if he really was a deaf person or just making it up, but he is NOT a member of this site. I also had to suffer the indignity of him using his webcam to show me he was naked, all the while blowing kisses to me. Now, I'm sure I wouldn't mind speaking to quite a few of the people here, but this really crossed the line. I just want to warn other unsuspecting women and maybe some of the men, beware when patrickdriscoll comes calling! :barf:

Eeek! There are lots of lurkers here so that is why I removed my AIM/YIM screennames from my profile because I got so many IMs from strange men. I even got stalked by a psycho for months before I got rid of him for good. I took off my AIM/YIM so no one can contact me from this site.

dawn said:

what does he look like on his webcam? mind me asking ya?

He was bald not that bad looking but not that cute either.

Meg said:
Eeek! There are lots of lurkers here so that is why I removed my AIM/YIM screennames from my profile because I got so many IMs from strange men. I even got stalked by a psycho for months before I got rid of him for good. I took off my AIM/YIM so no one can contact me from this site.

good idea...good choice meg... ;)

wisdomlady said:
good idea...good choice meg... ;)

Yup..I didnt realize that there are more lurkers than members so many of men look up profiles here and contact some of us women through our AIM/YIM/ICQ.

It is quite frightening to know that we are not safe from these perverts online.

perverts :rl:

dawn said:

OMG!! i know him!! is he from nj!?!?!

zesty said:
OMG!! i know him!! is he from nj!?!?!

UGH ..you know this pervert? I cannot fathom how a man can be so willing to get naked and blow kisses to women he doesnt know. It just makes me :barf:

Meg said:

yea.. that's why i never post my aim/yim, etc in my profile.. no way in hell!! sheesh!!

Meg said:
Yup..I didnt realize that there are more lurkers than members so many of men look up profiles here and contact some of us women through our AIM/YIM/ICQ.

It is quite frightening to know that we are not safe from these perverts online.

perverts :rl:

it's true, but sad...we must empower ourselves from lurkers/predators/stalkers...we must protect ourselves from not exposing our AIM/YIM/ICQ in our profiles... :rl: @ stalkers/predators/lurkers...

dawn said:
That's me! I was insulted by you :(

Just kidding. Anyway that's common problem at different communities where I posted at. It is sad and stupid at same time... I am glad that you posted about it so other women can be aware of that guy :thumb:

Perhaps it would be a good idea to only allow members to be able to access other members information instead of having it open for anyone to see.

wisdomlady said:
it's true, but sad...we must empower ourselves from lurkers/predators/stalkers...we must protect ourselves from not exposing our AIM/YIM/ICQ on our profiles... :rl: @ stalkers/predators/lurkers...

AMEN GIRL!!!

Meg said:
UGH ..you know this pervert? I cannot fathom how a man can be so willing to get naked and blow kisses to women he doesnt know. It just makes me :barf:

well i don't know if it is him cuz i know a guy named patrick driscoll.. so i am waiting for her to reply to my post.. he is hoh.. and bad news.. womanizer, you name it!! he had a crush on me.. but i kept BLOWING HIM OFF .. he finally gave up on me.. SHEESH!! :ugh:

he could have fooled me.. but i was smart enough! :giggle:

zesty said:
well i don't know if it is him cuz i know a guy named patrick driscoll.. so i am waiting for her to reply to my post.. he is hoh.. and bad news.. womanizer, you name it!! he had a crush on me.. but i kept BLOWING HIM OFF .. he finally gave up on me..

Thank God you are smart enough to resist this pervert! :ugh2:

Meg said:
I guess I have to stop im'ing you ;o

dawn said:
Perhaps it would be a good idea to only allow members to be able to access other members information instead of having it open for anyone to see.

can you please answer my qqs so i can determine if it is him or not.. :confused:

I wud say one or 2 did im me from here but I told them I wasn't interested but they kept buggin me so I blocked their sn or so ;) and I have few people form this site does im me but not all are guys :P but for yahoo I don't use yahoo messanger but i use it when i see some friends I KNOW on then I wud sign on but yeah i removed my profile from yahoo and nobody bugged me then ;)

dawn said:

I don't think it's good idea whether its a member or not...I prefer to protect ourselves from not having too much information on your profile...i.e birth place, birth date, your AIM/YIM/ICQ ...leave it blank to protect our identity...

Back