Inline phone amplifier

judethedude

Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been asked already, I did a search and didn't come up with much. Anyways, does anyone have a suggestion for a good inline phone amplifier? something that would go between the handset and phone base would be good. That way I could remove it when not needed (at work) and it would be portable. I thought about a handset with built in volume control, but the handset might not be compatible with the cradle/base, so an inline solution I think, would be the best.

I used to work for Round Table Pizza, and they were awesome, they bought the handset volume control version, and that was before the ADA laws were in place (1990-1996ish), they bought a special handset for all the phones in the store (about 4 of them total) which I thought was great, and I felt they were very attentive and accommodating to my disability (I am profoundly deaf, 100% deaf in left ear, and with hearing aid in right ear, can hear to maybe 20% of normal hearing, whatever that would be, cant accurately gauge that) but my speech is almost perfect, and most hearing people cant tell I am actually deaf, because of that, which is both a blessing and a curse, because they think I can hear just fine. I have to tell them I am deaf.

I actually don't sign, because I never learned to, but I plan to learn to sign, anyways, because eventually as I age my hearing will decline to the point where I will be forced to sign. So, does anyone know of a good product or suggestion or advice on a device that would fit my needs?

Thanks in advance. :D

btw, I have done some researching and have come up with a couple possibilities:

this one at amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B00009WCBR

Looks promising. I just dont know how well it works, judging from the reviews it looks good.

or something like these:

In-Line Telephone Amplifiers - Shop Phone Amplifiers Assistive and Hearing Aids Products - Deaf, Hearing Loss, Sign Language

and this one at staples looks good, and its only 29.99:

ClearSounds WIL95 Portable Telephone Amplifier | Staples®

Back in the 1970's I used this type Portable Telephone Amplifier for hearing impaired Assistive and Hearing Aids Products - Deaf, Hearing Loss, Sign Language not the same model or brand, of course, after this many years.

Amazon shows this http://www.amazon.com/Serene-Portable-Phone-Amplifier-30dB/dp/B001JSV7Z4/ with what seem to be the best reviews of the ones of this type they have.

I think what I had came from Radio Shack. My hearing is now well past this helping but it did work well at that time. One thing I liked about it was it was easy to throw in my purse and then strap to any phone when I needed it. No fumbling with disconnecting and reconnecting cords.

I am sorry if this has been asked already, I did a search and didn't come up with much. Anyways, does anyone have a suggestion for a good inline phone amplifier? something that would go between the handset and phone base would be good. That way I could remove it when not needed (at work) and it would be portable. I thought about a handset with built in volume control, but the handset might not be compatible with the cradle/base, so an inline solution I think, would be the best.

I used to work for Round Table Pizza, and they were awesome, they bought the handset volume control version, and that was before the ADA laws were in place (1990-1996ish), they bought a special handset for all the phones in the store (about 4 of them total) which I thought was great, and I felt they were very attentive and accommodating to my disability (I am profoundly deaf, 100% deaf in left ear, and with hearing aid in right ear, can hear to maybe 20% of normal hearing, whatever that would be, cant accurately gauge that) but my speech is almost perfect, and most hearing people cant tell I am actually deaf, because of that, which is both a blessing and a curse, because they think I can hear just fine. I have to tell them I am deaf.

I actually don't sign, because I never learned to, but I plan to learn to sign, anyways, because eventually as I age my hearing will decline to the point where I will be forced to sign. So, does anyone know of a good product or suggestion or advice on a device that would fit my needs?

Thanks in advance. :D

btw, I have done some researching and have come up with a couple possibilities:

this one at amazon.com: Amazon.com: Ameriphone HA40 In-Line Telephone Handset Amplifier: Electronics

Looks promising. I just dont know how well it works, judging from the reviews it looks good.

or something like these:

In-Line Telephone Amplifiers - Shop Phone Amplifiers Assistive and Hearing Aids Products - Deaf, Hearing Loss, Sign Language

and this one at staples looks good, and its only 29.99:

ClearSounds WIL95 Portable Telephone Amplifier | Staples®

I like the fact that one works on cordless phones, but the review only got 2.5 stars on amazon. Need to find something like that but better review or quality or whatever.

Back